fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire

Go down 
+11
djdougalno1
lee
fool_hardy
Buey
Stampers
mooragerx7
rp24k
mark-1vw
jimmymidnight
charlie1987
VW Mike
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire Empty
PostSubject: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 11:01

After the success of the first remap day we had in May, it seems worthwhile if i can get enough interest to have another one. Angel Tuning are happy to do so.

If you post up your car details ( year and engine size) and i can post back up with expected gains.

We had 9 (out of 9) happy customers last time...me being one of them. The difference is impressive to say the least! My van for example went from 104bhp to around 150bhp and even if i drive it harder than i did before i can still get a minimum of 4 mpg more out of the van!

Price will be £200 and it will be held at Tinkler Bros Garage (PE26 1NF). We can make provisions for you to have the car/van remapped at a place that suits you, but easier if you were to come to Tinklers to get it done. Also gives you chance to have a chat with the guys doing it, and for them to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking, and please post up if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
charlie1987

charlie1987

Male Number of posts : 897
Drives : 1996 5dr mk3 vr6 highline
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 12:20

if they could chip mine onsite instead of me sending my ecu away id be game
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/fendubbers
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 13:58

yeah, defo up for it this time! (as long as its after July 6th!)

2001 Mercedes E320 CDi

3.2 straight 6 Diesel.

Thanks Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 14:01

jimmymidnight wrote:
yeah, defo up for it this time! (as long as its after July 6th!)

2001 Mercedes E320 CDi

3.2 straight 6 Diesel.

Thanks Thumbs up

Will be after then dude Smile

Will put your name down. When you have the $$$ if you could pay a deposit that would be great
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 14:15

yeah no worries man, i get back from greece on the 6th, so i can do it then!
Back to top Go down
mark-1vw

mark-1vw

Male Number of posts : 1234
Drives : ^^THE ABOVE ^^
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 19:58

i'm in 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire 51732, will give you a deposit asap

2002 vw transporter t4 2.5 tdi 102bhp acv engine code
Back to top Go down
rp24k

rp24k

Male Number of posts : 522
Drives : Audi S4 Avant, 2011 t5, 74 bay, Audi A1 S-line tdi
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: .   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 20:03

is it worth remapping a straight 2.0 petrol bora? what sort of gains would i get?
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 20:19

mark-1vw wrote:
i'm in 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire 51732, will give you a deposit asap

Sweet Smile

rp24k wrote:
is it worth remapping a straight 2.0 petrol bora? what sort of gains would i get?

Bhp gains are only small, but driveability and throttle response are supposed to improve greatly. If you're not far away then if you came down for the day when we did the remap then Angel tuning would remap your car and let you go for a drive. If you liked it then pay your cash...if you didn't then they would take it off at no charge.

What's the year of the bora?

Back to top Go down
mark-1vw

mark-1vw

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 20:22

[quote="VW Mike"]
mark-1vw wrote:

Sweet Smile

you know what that means....................................VAN RACING 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 20:29

[quote="mark-1vw"]
VW Mike wrote:
mark-1vw wrote:

Sweet Smile

you know what that means....................................VAN RACING 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire Icon_rolleyes

You and me at the Pod Smile
Back to top Go down
mark-1vw

mark-1vw

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 20:35

[quote="VW Mike"]
mark-1vw wrote:
VW Mike wrote:
mark-1vw wrote:

Sweet Smile

You and me at the Pod Smile

2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire 298631
Back to top Go down
mooragerx7

mooragerx7

Male Number of posts : 428
Drives : TDI passat B5.5 /A reg RX7 (project)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyTue Jun 29 2010, 18:52

could be in for this date depending
car is a 2002 passat 1.9tdi 130 the engine code is awx i think will find out though
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyWed Jun 30 2010, 07:03

mooragerx7 wrote:
could be in for this date depending
car is a 2002 passat 1.9tdi 130 the engine code is awx i think will find out though

40 bhp and 60 torques on this Smile

Looking at early August i think for this...but all dependant on the numbers we get for it.
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyThu Jul 08 2010, 09:30

Looking to set the date for the 1st August...who's still in?
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyThu Jul 08 2010, 09:41

I've got my 140BHP 318iS that I might be interested in getting mapped.
Can you get any info on BHP gains (even if very minor) or what sort of throttle response gains i'll get out of it?
If I can come along and get it mapped, then try it out first (like you said to rp24k) would that be ok?

And i'm guessing that the re-map would give me better MPG regardless of what BHP gains i'll get?
In desperate need of better MPG atm, and £200 is easier than selling up and buying a 320D...

Obviously i'll leave something of value at Tinklers to show that i'm not just gonna drive off Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyThu Jul 08 2010, 09:48

Stampers wrote:
Can you get any info on BHP gains (even if very minor) or what sort of throttle response gains i'll get out of it?
If I can come along and get it mapped, then try it out first (like you said to rp24k) would that be ok?

And i'm guessing that the re-map would give me better MPG regardless of what BHP gains i'll get?
In desperate need of better MPG atm, and £200 is easier than selling up and buying a 320D...

Obviously i'll leave something of value at Tinklers to show that i'm not just gonna drive off Razz

What year is it dude?
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyThu Jul 08 2010, 10:08

VW Mike wrote:
Stampers wrote:

What year is it dude?

It's a '98.
So it's the later half of the E36's.

If it helps, standard info:
Engine - 318is 1895cc 4cyl 16v
BHP - 138 bhp
Torque - 180 nm
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Buey

Buey

Male Number of posts : 483
Drives : Mk1 VW Golf Cabrio & Seat Leon FSi
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyThu Jul 08 2010, 10:09

What gains would I get from a 2006 Seat Leon 2.0 FSi, non-turbo and if any mpg increase too?
(the mpg angle is how I would sell the idea to the wife, then just maybe she would pay for it)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=669158062&r
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyThu Jul 08 2010, 10:13

Stampers wrote:
VW Mike wrote:
Stampers wrote:

What year is it dude?

It's a '98.

BHP - 138 bhp
Torque - 180 nm

Will ask the question as it's not listed.

Buey wrote:
What gains would I get from a 2006 Seat Leon 2.0 FSi, non-turbo and if any mpg increase too?
(the mpg angle is how I would sell the idea to the wife, then just maybe she would pay for it)

Will ask for you too dude.
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyFri Jul 09 2010, 07:47

Stampers wrote:
VW Mike wrote:
Stampers wrote:

What year is it dude?

It's a '98.

BHP - 138 bhp
Torque - 180 nm

If they could do it, and they aren't sure about it...then it would be about 8bhp...doesn't sound like much and obviously you would get more from a Tdi...but if you wanted to pop down and if they could do it, then you could take it for a drive and see what you think Smile

Buey wrote:

12bhp and 14 torque dude...they quote around 10% better mpg. I get that in my van extra now it;s been remapped.
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyWed Jul 14 2010, 08:46

All,

Please add yourself to a list on here for people who are confirmed. I ideally want to do it the first weekend in August. Then i need to start collecting deposits.

Thanks

Mike
Back to top Go down
fool_hardy

fool_hardy

Male Number of posts : 152
Drives : MK2 Golf GTi
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyWed Jul 14 2010, 16:04

God Damn it, why can't they do my Saab. I want 300 bhp by the end of the year 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

Male Number of posts : 401
Drives : mk5 gti. gsxr750
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyWed Jul 14 2010, 18:59

wot extra can i expect from a mk5 gti ?2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire 263249
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyWed Jul 14 2010, 19:25

lee wrote:
wot extra can i expect from a mk5 gti ?2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire 263249

If its 200bhp standard then 45bhp and 55 torque

If its 226bhp standard then its 60bhp and 60 torque Smile
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

Male Number of posts : 401
Drives : mk5 gti. gsxr750
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire EmptyWed Jul 14 2010, 19:29

yea its a 200bhp gti, damn yea put me down 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire 51732
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire   2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire Empty

Back to top Go down

2nd Group Discount Remap Day in Cambridgeshire
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next