fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?

Go down 
+8
martinb
Lupton_20vt
BigMonty
Jay
todd
jackc
Stampers
Rubiks Breadvan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Rubiks Breadvan

Male Number of posts : 3
Drives : Mk 2 Polo Breadvan
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? Empty
PostSubject: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyThu Jun 03 2010, 14:40

hey im after some parts for my breadvan, weres the best scrapyards around here and do they let you walk around and look at the cars etc

cheers
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyThu Jun 03 2010, 14:45

Beck Row scrapyard in Mildenhall is pretty good.
You go to their 'Reception' and tell them what you want. They then point you to the right area of the scrapyard.

Or theres Red Lodge, but thats not as good IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
jackc

jackc

Male Number of posts : 1167
Drives : mk2 golf gti 16v, mk2 golf gti 8v, mk2 golf 1.3, mk4 golf
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyThu Jun 03 2010, 15:30

been to beck row a few times and they have checked my pockets etc its getting ridiculous they just pikeys and i wanted a few bits for my car and the guy wouldnt let me take them off. and before anyone says that it might be becuase it might ruin something which would mean they would loose money it wouldnt and they still didnt let me take it

whats the point in a scrap yard when you cant take what you want?
Back to top Go down
todd

todd

Male Number of posts : 765
Drives : 75 beetle, 72 beetle back on the road
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyThu Jun 03 2010, 15:42

They get attached and protective over their scrap! Balas can be alright. It's also in Beck row around the corner from the other one.
Back to top Go down
jackc

jackc

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyThu Jun 03 2010, 16:24

yer i know tell me about it lol.

you coming over tonight to c the new splitty?
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyThu Jun 03 2010, 18:16

jackc wrote:
been to beck row a few times and they have checked my pockets etc its getting ridiculous they just pikeys and i wanted a few bits for my car and the guy wouldnt let me take them off. and before anyone says that it might be becuase it might ruin something which would mean they would loose money it wouldnt and they still didnt let me take it

whats the point in a scrap yard when you cant take what you want?

I've never had that mate.
I've been there no end of times, and not once have they checked me.

It depends on what cars you were taking bits off.
Also, they know what most of the high value stuff is and they dont sell it there, they whack it on the net like everyone else.

I got a leather armrest and black centre console (mint condition, armrest looks brand new) for £15 there last weekend. People are selling them for £55+ on eBay and the dealers charge around £75 for them.
Absolute steal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
jackc

jackc

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyThu Jun 03 2010, 20:26

i no what you mean mate i got some recaro interior for £75 not even drivers wear on the seat. but for some reason last weekend when i went there they just seemed funny towards us.

there was only 3 of us and we were just looking round the volkswagens etc and asking for prices and the guy sed he didnt want me to take the parts off well whats the point in a scrap yard and not selling the parts from it (i thought thats what a scrap yard was all about)

but tbh like you say there are good as you can walk about and get what you want etc (for dirt prices)

but its not good when they ask to search you (i had nothing on me but thats not the point)
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Male Number of posts : 768
Drives : Mk3 Golf Cab
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyThu Jun 03 2010, 21:18

Red Lodge:

I go there a fair bit with Stampers and i too never have a problem, just go in and specify what cars we want to look at/parts we need and they point us in the right direction also had a few rather good bargains there and the blokes seem ok with us, the only problem i have is that there is no uniformity of the place, you basically have to walk around the whole place to find 2-3 of the same car. Don't like the fact that the cars are just plonked down anywhere on top of anything as it's a pain when you see parts you need smashed/dented because of their way of just putting it anywhere! Oh and no wheels on cars is a bad point.

Beck Row:

Been there 3-4 times now, they seem fairly clued up on certain things when pricing but are reasonable on others as Ant said, I like the fact that they catorgorise the cars so parts are easy to find and it's fairly spaced so you cn access parts/cars easier, they also leave the wheels on so you can see what you are getting and if the car has any damage etc.

That's just my thoughts/opinion
Back to top Go down
BigMonty

BigMonty

Male Number of posts : 451
Drives : French daddy bus. and a few dubs
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Rampton !   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyFri Jun 04 2010, 19:46

Rampton breakers tend to be the cheapest. Apart from a glut of Mk3 golfs and a couple of 6ns their aint much veedub in there. I will keep the forum informed of the dubs that come in.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyFri Jun 04 2010, 19:53

For anyone interested, there is a very straight mk2 more door in oak green and a very straight 5 door white mk3 with perfect leather seats/doorcards, us spec bumpers and a hellaflecher (SP?).
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyFri Jun 04 2010, 21:34

cheers for the heads up on that oakie chris, anyone got a number/postcode for beck row?

Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? 460227
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyFri Jun 04 2010, 22:01

its really easy to find its just off the main road and very well sign posted martin. No problem about the heads up, shame to see it go to waste. Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Pistacheuro

Pistacheuro

Male Number of posts : 1343
Drives : '95 6N.
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyFri Jun 04 2010, 22:20

Heckeblende, dude Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? 460227. but yeah that was awesome, absolutely mint interior from what I could see, worth a fair bit.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyFri Jun 04 2010, 22:23

haa there is the grammar police Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? Icon_lol such a shame to see that like that though. dude im sunburnnt badly lol Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? Icon_rolleyes

Stampers there are alot of e36's up there. ....
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyFri Jun 04 2010, 22:24

Vrs in northampton are good they just do vw & audi, when I went they had everything from mk1 golfs to present models Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? 51732
Back to top Go down
jonnyboy17

jonnyboy17

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptySun Jun 06 2010, 18:33

Northampton a fair way... BUT.. might be worth a look on my day off on thurs.. where abouts is it?

postcode?

Jonny
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptySun Jun 06 2010, 18:37

I will try and find it! If you phone before you go they will have a look to see if they have what you want. They strip everything as it comes in and then still have a yard full of motorsGood VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? 51732
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Male Number of posts : 768
Drives : Mk3 Golf Cab
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyMon Jun 07 2010, 23:16

Lupton_20vt wrote:
For anyone interested, there is a very straight mk2 more door in oak green and a very straight 5 door white mk3 with perfect leather seats/doorcards, us spec bumpers and a hellaflecher (SP?).

You are fail Mr Lupton, non us spec bumpers!!!

Oh and that heckblende is broken Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? Icon_silent
Back to top Go down
cdm

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? EmptyMon Jun 28 2010, 11:48

thx for this info Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?   Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good VW Scrapyards in cambridge and peterborough area?
Page 1 of 1