fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hand brake stuck on(?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Hand brake stuck on(?) Empty
PostSubject: Hand brake stuck on(?)   Hand brake stuck on(?) EmptyThu Mar 11 2010, 19:07

Hey guys,

My hand brake light intermittently comes on/stays on for a while/flashes on and off while im going along and the handbrake is off, seems to be effecting my economy quite a lot

any ideas how i can go about fixing this or what might be causing it please? Hand brake stuck on(?) Icon_rolleyes

cheers
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hand brake stuck on(?)   Hand brake stuck on(?) EmptyThu Mar 11 2010, 20:55

Has this got drum brakes or discs on the rears? I should know by now have worked on enough but i cant remember Hand brake stuck on(?) Icon_rolleyes

edit to say you sure its not physcological with the fuel econemy? because if the handbrake light is on but the handbrake is off then its probably just the switch rather than the actual brakes sticking on. Could also be low brake fluid level making the light come on.
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Hand brake stuck on(?)   Hand brake stuck on(?) EmptyThu Mar 11 2010, 21:20

Drum brakes on the back, no abs and I've not checked the brake fluid, it does look a funny colour though.

I was wondering if it's psychological, but I only got 158 miles to £30, which compared to before is crappers.
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Hand brake stuck on(?)   Hand brake stuck on(?) EmptyThu Mar 11 2010, 22:42

Handbrake light works off a switch that makes a contact when the handle is down.

Best to see if it's sticking is to jack up the rear wheels and spin them to see if they feel like there sticking at all or rotate freely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand brake stuck on(?)   Hand brake stuck on(?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hand brake stuck on(?)
Page 1 of 1