fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

speaker set up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cabrio19

cabrio19

Male Number of posts : 250
Drives : mk2 gti 8v
Registration date : 2008-04-19

speaker set up Empty
PostSubject: speaker set up   speaker set up EmptyFri Dec 11 2009, 19:48

just wondering what you guys have your mk2. i have the normal 6x4 in the rear pillars and some little pioneers in the dash. you get no volume really so was looking to upgrade the fronts. i have the little cubby hole pockets in the front door cards instead of the speaker location so i'm struggling to find a place to put some new speakers and keep the original look. i don't really want to start putting holes in things if i can help it. i'm probably gonna make a stealth shelf for the rears as i can't find decent 6x4's but need some sounds in the front. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

speaker set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: speaker set up   speaker set up EmptyFri Dec 11 2009, 20:51

your sound will be pretty shoite without front components, you just need to get the speaker grills and they will go into your door pockets as the speakers attach to the back of the grill. If not then you just need to get different pockets, easy to find not many GTis came with the door bins, would make a huge difference to sound, Get some boxed 6x9s and a small sub in the boot, saves cutting the parcel shelf, hook the old 6x4 wiring up to the boxed 6x9s and you will have some good sound its what i had in my blue mk2 and it sounded great.
Back to top Go down

speaker set up
Page 1 of 1