fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Polo Electric window issues....

Go down 
+3
Blue MK2
CaddyRage
Tom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom

Tom

Male Number of posts : 314
Drives : MK4 Ibiza PD130
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Polo Electric window issues.... Empty
PostSubject: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 10:22

Typical a few months before summer my drivers side window has decided to pack in. I had it down one day and when i went to put it up it made a horrible clunking noise then wouldnt go up.

I have managed to get it up again but dont want to use it incase the same thing happens again. This fault already happened on the passengers side when i bought the car!

So now i have no windows, no sunroof, and a black car fan bloody tastic!

If anyone knows where i can source new motors from for as cheap as possible please let me know. I have a feeling if i replace them with parts from a scrappy the same fault will just happen again in the near future. I have even been pondering about putting windy windows in it!

If anyone knows of any polos in scrappies locally please let me know as long as its not a 1.0L poverty spec one.
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 15:57

I off to get the rear door and bumper from the same caddy i got my other panels from. There was a 6N there but dint check the spec.

I be going next week so i'll have a look and probs ask on price. if good, i'll remove them for ya Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Blue MK2

Male Number of posts : 38
Drives : red mk2
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 12:48

common on the mk4 polos

obvious ones first..

check the fuses.

swap over the electric window switches as they might be faulty.

Its the mechanism that has worn the motor out.

Take the mechanism out and see if it loosens up abit. Plenty o WD40 etc.

Ive dont this to my mates a few times. Worked
Back to top Go down
Tom

Tom

Male Number of posts : 314
Drives : MK4 Ibiza PD130
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyFri Apr 25 2008, 13:10

OK cheers guys i will try to investigate a bit further over the weekend. GSF car parts said they can get me a new motor and mech for £52 a side so i may just buy new parts.

Lee news on that polo at your scrappy would be helpful too. And i will try the thing with the WD40 at the weekend too.
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptySun May 04 2008, 19:13

hay m8, had a prob with my drivers window, had it down n tried to put it up made a horrid noise n wudnt go bk up, turned out to be a cable had snapped, listen to see if the motor is still working before investing in sum new 1ns as they ent cheap
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptySun May 04 2008, 19:23

Breaker only had a basic spec 6N in there tom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
JamesMk4Polo

Male Number of posts : 17
Drives : Mk4 Polo, Fastcar Featured :D
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyTue May 20 2008, 21:38

mine packed uptoday.. drivers side.. wont go down lol how am i surpost to get a lean on now lol!
Back to top Go down
Q86ARR

Q86ARR

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyThu May 22 2008, 20:28

My passenger one stopped working. I unbolted the regulator from the door. Had a tug at this and that and decided I needed a new regulator. Bolted it all back together and left it. Then my mate got in the car and it started working again. So I lubed the window runners and has been working since!
Back to top Go down
clarkiedub

clarkiedub

Male Number of posts : 193
Drives : polo 6n2 tdi colour concept
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptySun Feb 08 2009, 17:23

polo steph wrote:
hay m8, had a prob with my drivers window, had it down n tried to put it up made a horrid noise n wudnt go bk up, turned out to be a cable had snapped, listen to see if the motor is still working before investing in sum new 1ns as they ent cheap

what cable had snapped? as it sounds like i have got a similar problem with mine as you did with yours. its annoying as it wont go above half way and its bloody cold when driving lol ive tried spraying the runners etc but just no luck
Back to top Go down
clarkiedub

clarkiedub

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyMon Feb 09 2009, 14:36

problem sorted
Back to top Go down
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyFri Feb 13 2009, 16:03

glad ya got it sorted, soz i didnt reply i didnt c ya repost? wat was the problem? i got the garage to sort mine so didnt no wat bit it was, they just sed the cable?
Back to top Go down
clarkiedub

clarkiedub

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... EmptyFri Feb 20 2009, 00:32

thats alright, the cable had worn through the cable guide on the motor unit so the whole cable slipped about an inch thats why it would only go half way. replaced the motor, regulator and sliders and good as new Smile

travelling is not too cold and wet now lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polo Electric window issues....   Polo Electric window issues.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Polo Electric window issues....
Page 1 of 1