fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quick Question About Climate Control

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Quick Question About Climate Control Empty
PostSubject: Quick Question About Climate Control   Quick Question About Climate Control EmptyWed Sep 30 2009, 11:37

Just a quick question to anyone in the know i have the early heating controls in my mk4 dials for temp fan speed and position how easy would it to be or even possible to change to the climate control unit?

cheers

chris.
Back to top Go down
adam@adsutton

Male Number of posts : 4
Drives : Porsche 928 s2
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question About Climate Control   Quick Question About Climate Control EmptyThu Oct 01 2009, 10:20

I'm assuming that you have the three dials with the air con & recirc switches on your car & that you would like to change to the climatronic panel. It is possible but the costs would probably out weigh the benefits due to there being three temperature sensors, a sunlight sensor & a completely different wiring loom involved. Obviously it's also quite labour intensive. I've got the diagrams for both systems if you fancy it, but personally I prefer the dial layout to the climatronic panel anyway. It's easier to use, easier to change temp & fan settings whilst driving & there are less problems with the A/C compressor clutch falling off.
Back to top Go down
kevdub

kevdub

Male Number of posts : 104
Drives : bora tdi
Registration date : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question About Climate Control   Quick Question About Climate Control EmptyThu Oct 01 2009, 15:31

and i seem to remeber you will have code the climate control panel to the body module aswell. a lot of work.Quick Question About Climate Control Confused
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question About Climate Control   Quick Question About Climate Control EmptyThu Oct 01 2009, 15:31

fook that then Quick Question About Climate Control Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question About Climate Control   Quick Question About Climate Control EmptyThu Oct 01 2009, 15:32

cheers for the advice guys btw Quick Question About Climate Control 51732
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question About Climate Control   Quick Question About Climate Control Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Question About Climate Control
Page 1 of 1