fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I think i've broken my 'box!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

Male Number of posts : 470
Drives : 205 gti 1.9..defected to the darkside!!!
Registration date : 2009-01-14

I think i've broken my 'box!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I think i've broken my 'box!!!!   I think i've broken my 'box!!!! EmptyFri Aug 07 2009, 22:29

it's always had teeth missing in reverse, then what started as a difficult to engage fifth (that I just blamed on the sloppy linkage) turned into not being able to engage anything and lots of vibration when I do! especially in reverse!! i take it pouring some slick 50 in aint going to cure it!scratch can't beleive it really cos i'd literally this afternoon went and treated it to a nice late spec interior!!!
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: I think i've broken my 'box!!!!   I think i've broken my 'box!!!! EmptySat Aug 08 2009, 07:06

if you had trouble getting 5th then that indicates low and old gearbox oil as the 5th gear is normally the first one to be starved of oil on those gearboxes. kinda sounds like new box time.
Back to top Go down
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

PostSubject: Re: I think i've broken my 'box!!!!   I think i've broken my 'box!!!! EmptySun Aug 09 2009, 15:11

just on the off chance I tried refilling the 'box with oil and now it's just jammed in in reverse and the 'box is seized!!! never mind!!1
Back to top Go down
HOOLIGAN

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: I think i've broken my 'box!!!!   I think i've broken my 'box!!!! EmptySun Aug 09 2009, 20:24

cupra16vgeezer wrote:
just on the off chance I tried refilling the 'box with oil and now it's just jammed in in reverse and the 'box is seized!!! never mind!!1
hi ya i have a number of a bloke that does exchange rebuilt gearboxes
he is in wolverhampton brum, the boxes he rebuilds are stronger than factory items and a lot cheaper let me no if you would like his number:)
Back to top Go down
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

PostSubject: Re: I think i've broken my 'box!!!!   I think i've broken my 'box!!!! EmptySun Aug 09 2009, 22:29

unless he does 'em for 50 quid it's over my budget!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think i've broken my 'box!!!!   I think i've broken my 'box!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I think i've broken my 'box!!!!
Page 1 of 1