fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fitting armrest on a mk4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Fitting armrest on a mk4 Empty
PostSubject: Fitting armrest on a mk4   Fitting armrest on a mk4 EmptyFri Apr 10 2009, 20:24

basically i have a mk4 without the center front armrest,looking to buy one off ebay, to fit it do i take the small tray out from behined the hand brake? If so how do i remove it?
Back to top Go down
charlie1987

charlie1987

Male Number of posts : 897
Drives : 1996 5dr mk3 vr6 highline
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: armrest   Fitting armrest on a mk4 EmptySat Apr 11 2009, 02:09

i was lookin into this to buddy n from wat i was tld u need to lift all the middle by the handbrake the seats n carpet from front so u can get to mounting points under the carpet how true this is i dunno but if that is the hassle i certainly aint doin it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/fendubbers
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Fitting armrest on a mk4   Fitting armrest on a mk4 EmptySat Apr 11 2009, 15:06

charlie1987 wrote:
i was lookin into this to buddy n from wat i was tld u need to lift all the middle by the handbrake the seats n carpet from front so u can get to mounting points under the carpet how true this is i dunno but if that is the hassle i certainly aint doin it!!!!!

phook thats put me off it if i have to but i need to take one of my seats out anyway cos its stopped heating up :|
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Fitting armrest on a mk4   Fitting armrest on a mk4 EmptySat Apr 11 2009, 18:13

It's not at all hard to fit can do it in about half hour easy to fit an arm rest. There's 4 screws to remove which hold the rear section of the center console in and the trim cover pops out. The bracekt under it the arm rest bolts to is easy to install 1 13mm nut and 2 bolts and its in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitting armrest on a mk4   Fitting armrest on a mk4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitting armrest on a mk4
Page 1 of 1