fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rixy

Rixy

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head?? Empty
PostSubject: Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head??   Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head?? EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 19:54

hi peeps, basically what i wanna know is.......
Will a Mk1 GTi 8v (kjet) uprated cam, fit into a Mk2 8v (Digi) head nad work ok?? I know the engine are the same, however the only difference i can see, is the Mk1 head, runs 5 caps over the cam, to hold it in place, where as the mk2 head only runs 4? does this make any difference??
Only reason im asking, is because i have a 288 cam from my old mk1, and i wanna fit it into my mk2 track car?? According to newman, they are the same part number, so any1 know??
cheers
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head??   Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head?? EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 21:33

as long as both heads use hydraulic lifters and not solid ones(like on early mk1s) then they will work in either head mate. As most cams are called "8v hydraulic cams and 8v solid cams" rather than mk1, mk2 or mk3 cams etc
Back to top Go down
Rixy

Rixy

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head??   Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head?? EmptyThu Jan 22 2009, 21:49

coolio,well the cam will be going in the mk2 track car, but will save me getting injector seals made. The mk1 head (thats already in the mk2) is a hydrauilic head, but running solid shimmed lifters, so they'll be going in the mk2 head too :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head??   Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk1 Kjet Cam in mk2 Digi Head??
Page 1 of 1