fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 10 2008, 10:07

Hello there again. just when i thought my luck couldnt get any worse after breaking my driveshaft last sat, i went to look at my spark plugs yesterday and after the struggle to pull the HT leads off i sprayed oil everywhere (definatly to my suprise!)

There is clean oil on 1 of the plugs which is closest to the timing belt end of the block. I got straight onto the fone nd i got told that it could be either the piston rings or valve stem seals. its been smokin for the last 2 weeks ov my purchase but some days its there and some its not.

Does anyone know differ?

If it is the rings or valve stems can anyone please point a finger on where to start and someone good to put it straight? Also roughly how much it would cost? Cry Cry

thank you very muchly
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 10 2008, 10:14

well mate my valver used to soak the sparkplugs in oil and then this, and then that and etc etc. in the end i put another engine in cuz it was easier than rebuilding the knackered one.

this is a common fault with them that the valve stem seals go. take off your induction pipe...i imagine theres oil in there to
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

PostSubject: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 10 2008, 10:44

ye i read in the golf+ mags that when buyin a 16v look for smoke. but when i bought it there wasnt any and i havnt thrashed it at all apart from once when i got chased out of ely by a saxo vtr and a new mini in a raod rage incident. haha jokers but thats it.

When i bought it i got told to run it on super unleaded too as if not it will fook the engine up and thats all ive done nd shells been rubbin there hands together Twisted Evil

the engine ive wanted is the g60 as its like music to my ears nd sounds a monster.

do you know any websites that do recon engines for a fair prices?
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 10 2008, 13:16

put a VR in it mate Razz. Im happy to do any engine work for you if you want chap? I would recommend trying to find a sound engine on one of the forums and buying that as a recon engine will cost as much as buying a G60 conversion haha. Could always put an ABF in it or something?
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 10 2008, 15:37

Sounds like the head needs rebuilding mate.

Also, you mention G60 conversion which leads me to say the quote, dont build what you can buy. Decent serviced G60 running gear gunna cost atleast 1.5k before you pay to have it fitted.

Port and polished head for your valver would cost around 300. PM rixy on here as he knows a guy called chris hollier who build heads to a very high standard. may even use him myself tbh
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Oct 10 2008, 16:20

you could get a decent mileage ABF for that and put it in afro
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

PostSubject: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 12 2008, 12:23

Thanks lads your all starts and big ones at that lol!
I just need one last question answering before i make any desicion making. erm i was wondering what ABF is? i might sounds stupid but i dnt know unless i dnt ask lol.

thinking bout a vr as i think thats what the car needs to finish it off nicely (apart from the rust but i just tell everyone that its there to make the car lighter lol! )
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 12 2008, 12:59

ABF is the mk3 golf gti 16v engine. a VERY good engine. Basically you can keep your original wiring and kjet injection system to basically just chucking in the ABF head and block. Can easily get VR beating power out of them with a few tiny mods. If you want a lazy cruiser that will do 150mph and eat miles you want a VR if you want a fun car to throw around and go fast in id get a tuned 16v. My golf is mad quick but a well tuned 16v will beat it and have more fun doing it as well.
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

PostSubject: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 12 2008, 13:17

Thank you very muchly, my wondering is over lol. I think the ABF option is prob the best for me as im on a little bit of a tight budget at the mo. Yeah your golf is mental mental mental mate, i couldnt belive how fast it was and sounds mad too! my girlfriend was shocked and now converted her from a clio driver to a polo driver lol.

Would the ABF block nd head be hard to fit with the k-jet system as the mk3 is digifant isnt it? and would it need much work?
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun Oct 12 2008, 15:05

really easy mate, basically your existing inlet manifold will bolt up to the ABF head allowying you to use your kjet system, all you need to do is swap a few sensors over. Check out a few ABF into mk2 golf guides there are about. Its exactly the same as a corrado.
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 13 2008, 12:40

im doin the ABF swap soon myself into my mk2
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

PostSubject: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 13 2008, 15:36

Thanks i prob sounded a bit dumb asking what an ABF lol!

i think im def gonna do the ABF swap as its pretty simple and straight forward and pretty much what i need, just gotta hunt round for a decent mk3 16v engine and im away.

as my rado is a 1.8 16v would i be able to use a 2.0ltr 16v mk3 block and head and still get away with the same injection system?

sorry to keep asking questions dude
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon Oct 13 2008, 17:20

yep basically the only things your changing is the head and the block(long block its called) Everything else will bolt up, gearbox, exhaust, injection etc etc. You doing it at yours mate? If you are get everything together i'll come round and we'll do it in a weekend Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I Have Oil On My HT Lead and On My Plugs! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1