fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

limp mode when overtaking ??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jaytdi

Male Number of posts : 2
Drives : B6 passat TDI
Registration date : 2012-10-11

limp mode when overtaking ??  Empty
PostSubject: limp mode when overtaking ??    limp mode when overtaking ??  EmptyThu Oct 11 2012, 07:53

hissy fit , hey all i have an issue with our b6 every time we accelerate hard past cards the car goes in to limp mode i was told it could be turbo vanes sticking ?? we have had the injector recall done , but when it happens the car goes in to limp mode and the coil lights starts flashing and says vist workshop on the dash , we have put some fuel treatment in and seems to be helping alittle but what can i do to solve it full stop !!
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: limp mode when overtaking ??    limp mode when overtaking ??  EmptyFri Oct 12 2012, 09:15

You can buy stuff to clean out the turbo vanes but how long it makes the turbo last for after depends how you drive. If not it's a new turbo. The stuff is called 10k boost. You need to get the turbo downpipe off to use it but apart from that its fairly straight forwards.

Also worth checking the values for the boost pressure sensor if you can with ignition on but engine off to see if boost pressure matches ambient air pressure measured value block 10. There is a fault with the loom for the boost pressure sensor and the check above will tell you if the loom is faulty if both measured values don't match. Also check the intake air temp as well I have seen this read something odd and it causes low boost.

If you have had the injector recall done you must have a B7 A4 as the B6's only had 1.9 or 2.5tdi engines.
Back to top Go down
Pieman

Pieman

Male Number of posts : 11
Drives : Audi A4 B8 V6 TDi Quattro & a VR6 Caddy on gas
Registration date : 2010-07-31

PostSubject: Re: limp mode when overtaking ??    limp mode when overtaking ??  EmptyFri Jan 04 2013, 11:06

Sticky vanes.

You need this Innotec turbo clean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: limp mode when overtaking ??    limp mode when overtaking ??  Empty

Back to top Go down

limp mode when overtaking ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: The Garage :: Engine and Gearbox-
Jump to: