fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

spacers and adaptors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
damo c

damo c

Male Number of posts : 325
Drives : audi a4 b5 facelift
Registration date : 2011-05-03

spacers and adaptors Empty
PostSubject: spacers and adaptors   spacers and adaptors EmptyFri Feb 10 2012, 21:58

right dunno if im thinking on the right track or not here, lol. i want to space out my teledials on the b3, i have 20mm adaptors at min, now would i be able to run 20mm spacers on rear and 10 or 15mm on fronts with a 165 50 15 tyre. not sure on the safety aspect of spacers and adaptors, been looking at wider adaptors but to be honest there costly as i already have adaptors. whats your thoughts
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: spacers and adaptors   spacers and adaptors EmptySat Feb 11 2012, 01:04

I ran teledials with spacers and adaptors on my b3 with no issues but there are more points that can fail.
Back to top Go down
damo c

damo c

PostSubject: Re: spacers and adaptors   spacers and adaptors EmptySat Feb 11 2012, 20:22

cheers mark, what would u recommend? 5x130 spacers or 4x100? im thinking 5x130 side of the adapter. im going to replace rear wheel bearing before i do this and put my camber shims in that i had laying around for weeks lol. im not sure what width spacers to go with, i think my offsets around the et32 area at the min and im going to aim for et12 or et17 for the rears and et22 or et17 for the front. just to get a nice stance, im just concerned of the safety aspect as i put my kids in the car.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: spacers and adaptors   spacers and adaptors EmptySat Feb 11 2012, 20:33

Yes you can do it and yes it has been proven to be fine by lots of people. But at the end of the day its up to you and for you to decide if you want to risk it for the sake of a couple hundred quid. i know i wouldnt if i had kids.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: spacers and adaptors   spacers and adaptors EmptySat Feb 11 2012, 21:59

camber shims and adaptor/spacer combo?

LOL WUT
Back to top Go down
damo c

damo c

PostSubject: Re: spacers and adaptors   spacers and adaptors EmptySat Feb 11 2012, 22:12

I'm gonna agree with matty and start my hunt for wider adapters.
And lupton camber shims is only a idea at the min as I had them for my jetta but never fitted them. I think with wider adaptors all will be ok with the shims I would think. But still playing with ideas. As with any project there's plenty of ideas and plenty of questions to be asked.
Back to top Go down
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

Male Number of posts : 599
Drives : 83 MK1, Octavia Workhorse and general chum's carrier pigeon
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: spacers and adaptors   spacers and adaptors EmptyMon Feb 13 2012, 11:12

i think youve defo got to go wider adapters!! like Matty and mark both say, why risk safety etc for a few hundred quid?

there are people that will custom make adapters for you in any width and pcd.

pm me and i'll send you the details of a good one i know of

Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spacers and adaptors   spacers and adaptors Empty

Back to top Go down

spacers and adaptors
Page 1 of 1