fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stretch tyre fitting

Go down 
+3
tommyp
Lupton_20vt
Crossy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Crossy

Crossy

Male Number of posts : 92
Drives : Mk4 Golf
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Stretch tyre fitting Empty
PostSubject: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptyFri Jun 03 2011, 17:06

Where abouts in the mildenhall/newmarket area can i get some tyres stretched on. Only 215/40's on a 9j. Kwik fit and spa in newmarket couldnt do it at all!
Back to top Go down
Crossy

Crossy

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptySat Jun 04 2011, 15:00

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptySun Jun 05 2011, 18:07

I wouldnt know anywhere in that area. But I take mine to cambs performance tyres.
Back to top Go down
Crossy

Crossy

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptySun Jun 05 2011, 20:06

cheers mate. Gonna try olympic tyres in soham tomorrow. If they cant do it then ill cambridge performance tyres a go
Back to top Go down
tommyp

tommyp

Male Number of posts : 152
Drives : vento vr6
Registration date : 2009-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptySun Jun 05 2011, 21:48

olympic tyres is my others halfs uncle he fitted a 205/45 to a 9j for me see sam he should do it for you Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
todd

todd

Male Number of posts : 765
Drives : 75 beetle, 72 beetle back on the road
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptySun Jun 05 2011, 22:11

Tyre place next to GA on Brandon Road.
Back to top Go down
todd

todd

Male Number of posts : 765
Drives : 75 beetle, 72 beetle back on the road
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptySun Jun 05 2011, 22:18

Tyre place next to GA on Brandon Road near the tip.
Back to top Go down
Crossy

Crossy

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptyMon Jun 06 2011, 14:27

Olympic did it for me. Used their blaster on them. said the stretch was dangerous tho and wrote on the receipt that it was done at owners risk lol
Back to top Go down
whittle

whittle

Male Number of posts : 1882
Drives : along the pavement
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptyMon Jun 06 2011, 17:42

Crossy wrote:
Olympic did it for me. Used their blaster on them. said the stretch was dangerous tho and wrote on the receipt that it was done at owners risk lol

ha ha slaphead
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptyMon Jun 06 2011, 19:01

tommyp wrote:
olympic tyres is my others halfs uncle he fitted a 205/45 to a 9j for me see sam he should do it for you Thumbs up

Crossy wrote:

Sam used to be one of my mates at secondary school.
Still have the odd pint with him now and again (even though I live over the road from his garage).

I had 2x 195/40/17's put on a pair of 7.5J's by them recently.
They complained loads when I came to pick them up, saying "it's extremely dangerous, we could have been shut down if caught".
Pissed me off a bit as i've known them for years and they could've just said no rather than put me down.

I went to ATS for the other 2 wheels.
Same specs, and same tyre brands (my own tyres too). Same price and no complaints.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptyMon Jun 06 2011, 20:52

Stampers wrote:

Still have the odd pint with him now and again (even though I live over the road from his garage).

They complained loads when I came to pick them up, saying "it's extremely dangerous, we could have been shut down if caught".
Pissed me off a bit as i've known them for years and they could've just said no rather than put me down.

Same specs, and same tyre brands (my own tyres too). Same price and no complaints.

Thats not even much stretch though. Ive got them on 8.5s which CPT did without even saying a word Wink

Last edited by matty_mk1 on Mon Jun 06 2011, 21:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Crossy

Crossy

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting EmptyMon Jun 06 2011, 20:57

Stampers wrote:

He mentioned you haha. "had a BMW in the other day wanting it. Must be a fashion, its ridiculous & dangerous" he goes lol

Heres what my cars looking like atm. Got a full anni kit waiting to be painted & go on, and all mouldings and door handles colour coded. Then it just needs a bit more lowering. Waiting on some 12mm spacers on the front aswell.

Stretch tyre fitting 2011-06-06193128
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stretch tyre fitting   Stretch tyre fitting Empty

Back to top Go down

Stretch tyre fitting
Page 1 of 1