fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

possible ebay scammer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lethal

Lethal

Male Number of posts : 127
Drives : 81 aircooled T25 camper , 1967 baja bug , 67 fastback
Registration date : 2008-05-14

possible ebay scammer Empty
PostSubject: possible ebay scammer   possible ebay scammer EmptyWed Jun 01 2011, 08:39

Hi ladies and gents, Ill try not to make this long winded

I was after a bay project- and pretty much bid on one I hadnt seen. bad skills on my part i know, but I was more than happy with it, something to keep me occupied for a few months.

upon winning (i won it for 2k) I recieved an invoice for 2150. The seller was saying he would deliver it 'straight away' for 150 as soon as i sent payment by paypal. I felt this was a little odd as the advert states buyer assumes responsibility for collection.

I offered to lay a deposit and the delivery charge and pay the balance on delivery- the seller refused and wasnt happy with that.

I offered to pay a deposit and pay the balance in cash in full upon collection and was told sorry "i can only take the full balance by paypal".
Ive bought a few cars over the years off of ebay and this was a little odd.

I offered to pay by paypal in his presence once I was with the van, he again says no as the van wont be released til the funds hit his bank.
I then offer to pay the 2k into his bank in his presence and this would avoid him paypal fees, again this was not acceptable it had to be by paypal.

Then I started to recieve messages and phone calls from friends who stated that the van had already been relisted over an hour ago.

the advert states the van is one place, the invoice stated another.
None of this sits right folks.

the guy may be genuine, but his ebaying skills are just crap.

here is the link to the one i bought, although it is back on ebay (for the 3rd time) he states he has been messed about 3 times now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330569914282&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

user name sabre-mark

obviously Ive had to pull out as I suspect he is a scammer.Shame really as I went and put the money in the bank especially for it yesterday.

just beware folks

ta

Lee
Back to top Go down
Buey

Buey

Male Number of posts : 483
Drives : Mk1 VW Golf Cabrio & Seat Leon FSi
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: possible ebay scammer   possible ebay scammer EmptyWed Jun 01 2011, 08:52

I think you did the right thing mate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=669158062&r
Lethal

Lethal

Male Number of posts : 127
Drives : 81 aircooled T25 camper , 1967 baja bug , 67 fastback
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: possible ebay scammer   possible ebay scammer EmptyWed Jun 01 2011, 09:14

ive 'now' noticed his feedback left for others, two others on the same item, and me, he leaves positive feedback but a negative comment, one of the others talks about how he wanted all the money upfront
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible ebay scammer   possible ebay scammer Empty

Back to top Go down

possible ebay scammer
Page 1 of 1