fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need my split faces sprayed...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Need my split faces sprayed... Empty
PostSubject: Need my split faces sprayed...   Need my split faces sprayed... EmptyWed Mar 02 2011, 10:29

Ok, so i'm planning on having Jay polishing up the lips on my BBS RC041's for the show season.
I also want the faces and heads of the bolts freshly sprayed up too.
I know Jay and Dean can do this for me, but I think the guys are pretty busy at the moment with their own stuff on top of things they already have booked in, and I wouldn't want to take away Jay's time from polishing the lips... pirat

So I want to know who can spray them up for me for a reasonable price?
How much would I be charged for just the faces? And the bolts as a separate job?

Here's a picture of the style of face that need doing (not the faces of my actual wheels)...

Need my split faces sprayed... SDC12081

I'd ideally want them in a Black Harley crackle-finish or Black wrinkle-finish paint so they match in with the textured rubstrips on my car.
Pretty much like Matty has had sprayed on his Gotti's...

Need my split faces sprayed... IMG_2097

So, what are my options people?
Ideally want someone local to Cambridgeshire so I can physically pick them up (not a fan of delivering something like this via courier - bad experiences).
Feel free to give me a PM or reply on here. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Need my split faces sprayed...   Need my split faces sprayed... EmptyWed Mar 02 2011, 10:56

Mine are powdercoated mate. And you want the bolts painted? surely theyll just get messed up when you build them back up and torque the bolts?

Last edited by matty_mk1 on Wed Mar 02 2011, 11:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Need my split faces sprayed...   Need my split faces sprayed... EmptyWed Mar 02 2011, 11:07

You would need the bolts anodizing Ant. As Matty said they will look gash after being torqued up.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Need my split faces sprayed...   Need my split faces sprayed... EmptyWed Mar 02 2011, 11:13

matty_mk1 wrote:
Mine are powdercoated mate. And you want the bolts painted? surely thatlly just get messed up when you build them back up and torque the bolts?
Ah right, wasn't really looking for powdercoating, more of just a standard respray.
But the finish looks lovely on your gotti's Matty, so much so that I might have to go that way.

Yeah, the bolt heads on RC041/042's don't torque up from the front.
The bolts are splined on the inside where they mate with the face, which holds them in place when torque-ing up the nuts on the rear of the face.
Like so... http://www.justmatz.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=Bolts80

Should mean I can get them sprayed up to match the face, meaning the lip won't look so naked (RC041 have huge flat faced lips!).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Need my split faces sprayed...   Need my split faces sprayed... EmptyWed Mar 02 2011, 11:17

Mike the polisher did mine, but hes in scotland and you dont wanna post lol

Give some local coated a call see if they do texture black, or i think you can get it in a rattle can. Someone on here put a link in thier build thread. Oh right didnt know that about the bolts, probs be alright then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Need my split faces sprayed...   Need my split faces sprayed... EmptyWed Mar 16 2011, 13:18

Why not have a go yourself?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need my split faces sprayed...   Need my split faces sprayed... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need my split faces sprayed...
Page 1 of 1