fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buey

Buey

Male Number of posts : 483
Drives : Mk1 VW Golf Cabrio & Seat Leon FSi
Registration date : 2009-02-03

My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) Empty
PostSubject: My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)   My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) EmptySun Feb 13 2011, 11:34

Last week, I was looking out of my kitchen window when one of my neighbours pulled up in a VW golf mk2. It had stickers all over it like it was from the scumball rally. I ran outside to talk to him about it and he said he was taking it around europe for a mini rally as part of a stag do.

I made sure he knew I wanted it when he finished the rally as long as he didnt kill it because I knew it would be cheap and I was fed up of not having a VW to drive through winter.

Anyway, on thursday night, he knocked at my door and after I beat him up he let me have it for peanuts.

I brought it to my work on Friday and got the garage to put it on the ramp for me, just to make sure I hadn't bought a lemon. It turns out its actually very solid and mechanically sound, so straight away I got the dent man to tidy up a few creases and dents, then used it to and from work and this is how it stands at the moment.

Its only a 1.3 4 speed, it has MoT until August and Tax until end of July. A great platform I think.

[img]My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) 001-8[/img]

[img]My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) 002-4[/img]

[img]My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) 003-1[/img]

[img]My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) 004-3[/img]

Last edited by Buey on Tue Mar 01 2011, 16:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=669158062&r
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)   My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) EmptySun Feb 13 2011, 11:38

looks tidy bud, get some matching wheel trims or some wheels on there and some boiled linseed oil on those bumpers Cool

oh and some new plates Razz
Back to top Go down
Buey

Buey

PostSubject: Re: My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)   My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) EmptySun Feb 13 2011, 11:56

Cheers mate. I wanted to show what can be done to a car in this condition. I deliberately left it like this.

Immediate plans are some 14 or 15inch steels with possibly some different wheel trims, some new interior (just purchased), and just a subtle drop in ride height. I dont want this to look over done just really clean and tidy. Will get the bodywork nice over time.

Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Male Number of posts : 768
Drives : Mk3 Golf Cab
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)   My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) EmptyMon Feb 14 2011, 21:30

Another Golf yayyyy!

Looks like a good base, did you buy this just to tell Paul you have 2 dubs to his 0 Very Happy

I need to talk to you about prices of your dent man, can you pm me some rough prices?
Back to top Go down
Buey

Buey

PostSubject: Re: My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)   My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) EmptyTue Feb 15 2011, 09:22

pm'd Jay.
Back to top Go down
Buey

Buey

PostSubject: Re: My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)   My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) EmptyTue Mar 01 2011, 16:25

I've fitted some G60 wheels and tyres bought from a guy off the mk2 owners club, apparently they had done less than 400 miles, and true to his word they were mint.
Fortunately I had a driver going to collect a car from Newport (wales) for me and he very kindly collected these from Bristol at the same time.

I also managed to buy an immaculate set of seats off e-bay. They look and feel much better than the shite that were in there.

My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) 030

My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) 032

My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) 031
Back to top Go down
Buey

Buey

PostSubject: Re: My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)   My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) EmptyFri May 06 2011, 16:06

Not using this at the moment so Its available to buy for £500.

If I still have it when my mk1 comes off the road end of september, I will keep it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)   My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior) Empty

Back to top Go down

My Mk2 Rally Survivor (new wheels and interior)
Page 1 of 1