fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) Empty
PostSubject: anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)   anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) EmptyMon Dec 20 2010, 23:55

noticed i have a split pipe but dont know much about 20V T's yet Laughing

anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) Pipe

anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) Pipe1

Cheers Smile

Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)   anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) EmptyTue Dec 21 2010, 08:47

Inlet manifold to block breather. You WILL be losing boost pressure through that.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)   anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) EmptyTue Dec 21 2010, 09:39

yeah i was gonna say just by judging all the s**t around it, its got to be a breather pipe, will be sucking in unmetered air, must be running a bit crappy like that?
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)   anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) EmptyTue Dec 21 2010, 18:41

I would double check all the hoses under there as by now unless they have been replaced there probably a bit soft.

I think you can get that hose in silicon which might last a bit longer than the standard hose does.
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)   anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) EmptyTue Dec 21 2010, 23:38

popped into my local VW dealership today and they were not sure what the pipe was so suggested i remove it to get the part number.

Took it off tonight and to be honest, it looks like a pipe off another car that has been made to fit judging by how tight the jubilee clips were done to pinch it on and the way it had been cut. Also the Number on it did not look like the correct format part number:

anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) Pipe2

The car was a little lumpy and i have temporarily repaired the pipe with superglue and gaffer tape.

Ian83 - if you could find out for me dude, that would be greatly appreciated Thumbs up

Will check the others when i have a day off and some light!
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)   anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) EmptyWed Dec 22 2010, 19:43

Had a look on the net but can't find the place i saw doing them all i can find is the upper hoses for the AUM engines.

But i did find this which i think might be the hose you need. http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_IV--1.8T/Engine/Intake/Breather_Hoses/ES7941/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)   anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T) Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone identify this pipe for me? (A3 20V T)
Page 1 of 1