fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers

Go down 
+3
Lupton_20vt
matty_mk1
Tiz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers Empty
PostSubject: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 11:14

Righty, ive always been a bargain basement stick the cheapo ebay coilovers on my car kinda guy but come christmas time i'll be earning good money on my pay rise so want to do some bits on my ibiza.

Its a Mk4 6l 130PD TDi mapped to 175 and 400nm ish and i do an 80 mile round trip to work every day with a mix of country roads and motorway. Car gets driven pretty hard on some occasions but nice to settle down and have a relaxing ride too.

No exact budget in mind, not looking for a huge slam just something i can get rid of the arch gap on some nice 17s dont want super scene stance just to sit reasonably nicely.

At what height drop does the ARB running become an issue?

At the moment my head is saying weitecs, considering they are still sub £500 and seem the best make, it makes sense to me. Full drop is only 65mm so it says but im sure this should be enough for me?

Discuss Smile
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 11:25

Weitecs are a good option mate. got them on my mk2 pretty low allround so it is firm but not chrashy or bouncy, im really happy with them.

And ignore the TUV aproved lowering, they will go low enough. even if you have to take bits out Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 11:27

matty_mk1 wrote:
Weitecs are a good option mate. got them on my mk2 pretty low allround so it is firm but not chrashy or bouncy, im really happy with them.

Thats what i was hoping for as the standard stuff seems really harsh but somehow not that firm when cornering not very impressed with the standard setup but then it is 8 years old give or take so cant expect it to be perfect. Want to do all new top mounts and some bush replacement to, to try and get it spot on.

Really just dont want any bang bang crash shite ive had in the past with cheapo coilies and id like these to last and not seize up after 1 month of winter.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 11:40

yeah know what you mean. the difference between my weitecs on the mk2 and racelands on the cabby is huge!

And they shouldnt seize as the adjuster is plastic and secured with a grub screw so thats the only bit you have to be careful with. made by kw with most of the same parts so are good quality.

Other option would be adjustable FKs for abit more money, not really experienced these other than on marks B3 which seem to ride ok, but were seized to f**k! probs due to the previous owner not looking after them though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 12:35

Hmmm looks like FK sport edition "plus" can be had for a small amount more than the weitecs. Reckon they would be an improvement?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3733137

I guess damping adjustment would allow me to set them to where i like them best.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 15:12

Get some pics up dude. Its about 45mm+ you will get the arb rub from what i have heard. I didn't get mine till about 60. Im sure you could mod the links easily enough Cool
Back to top Go down
RS4Paul

RS4Paul

Male Number of posts : 185
Drives : vw T5 ,new Tiguan, RS4 B5
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 16:26

How about Koni's got them on the audi seem good
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 16:39

We've had the jamex coilovers on ours for over 3 years now mate. About as firm as original sport suspension.
2 guys at my work with mk4 golfs have weitecs and fk konigs. They both agree the fk's are best.

You'll need to cut the droplinks in half and reweld together so they shorter. Done this on mine after the after Market things I had was crap.
Good idea to replace the rear wishbones bushes if they haven't been done already too
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 17:17

Weitecs on my vr ride really well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
hoopster

hoopster

Male Number of posts : 630
Drives : mk4 golf
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers EmptyThu Oct 14 2010, 18:17

You'll need to cut the droplinks in half and reweld together so they shorter. Done this on mine after the after Market things I had was crap.

and my old bora Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers   Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers Empty

Back to top Go down

Ibiza Mk4 (6L) Coilovers
Page 1 of 1