fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Vento VR6

Go down 
+2
Ed
shaunnorris7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

Male Number of posts : 90
Drives : Vento VR6
Registration date : 2008-02-05

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyTue Feb 05 2008, 15:19

My Vento VR6 CIMG0024

My Vento VR6 CIMG0028
My Vento VR6 CIMG0035

This is my Vento VR6, bought it in September '07 after a long time of searching for a black one in good condition. Since owning it, the first thing I had fitted was a full closure alarm which will allow me to fit a set of rear door handles on the front doors (sitting on my desk at home, just need to find the time) for that fully de-locked look. Spent just under a grand in the first month of owning it at Vemon Motorsport buying a BMC CDA induction kit, front and back Black Diamond combi brake discs, predator pads and Eibach lowering springs.

These were all fitted in one hit with the inclusion of a chrome strut brace to try and stiffen up the suspension. The car looks so much better lower but wish I had of gone for the FK adjustable coilovers but could always change them at a later date.
Still sporting the origional wheels but they will soon be making way for a set of 17" RS6 wheels (with VW caps of course) making the 35mm drop just about right as I'm not overly keen on the slammed look and can't stand being in peoples cars hearing their rims scrape on the arches.

Believe it or not, one of the hardest things to find for the Vento was a set of the standard black & red rear lights. Course VW still do them but at 200 sniffs a set I couldn't give them the pleasure of pulling my pants down. So that meant several trips to scrap yards etc to see if anyone breaking a Vento had a set to sell. The chances of finding a Vento in a scrap yard is slim let alone a VR6 or later model with these lights on, so after regular searchs on the internet especially ebay I've only just found some and snapped them up at 45 quid. Fitted these the other day along with the German style number plates removing the clear & red ones which was fitted by the previous owner (these are in good condition and now for sale if anyone is interested).

The engine sounds so nice, there is just something about the noise a VR6 makes. Since fitting the BMC CDA induction kit, I have recently taken it off and sold it as I found it made no difference what so ever and after fitting the K&N one back on (again, on the car when I bought it) it feels more responsive and slightly quicker. The VR6's are a quick car, I had been put off getting one as I'd been told that they are sluggish but I can assure you that they are deffinately not. Before this Vento (bought as a project) I had owned a year 2000 BMW 330ci Sport (kicking out 240bhp) and would have loved to have a drag race between the two cus this VR can bloody shift (obviously the BM would have won but wouldn't have been by much). The Vento has about 170 break and can easily do 150 (330 limited to 155, trust me I've tried) making it a wolf in sheeps clothing, to most people it would just look like a saloon of some sort, this I like as when I skin chav's in their little Saxo's they're left wondering what was that!

Thats pretty much it so far, the wheels are to come next then a full respray in jet black, smoothing the tailgate and colour coding the bumpers. Unlike most Vento's/Golf's I am keeping all the trim on as personally I think it looks better keeping it's origional look.

Last edited by shaunnorris7 on Fri Mar 07 2008, 10:02; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ed

Ed

Male Number of posts : 455
Drives : VW's with big boots
Registration date : 2008-01-18

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyTue Feb 05 2008, 18:30

loving the booted dub mate, you hardly see any of these rolling around, looks clean as afro
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyTue Feb 05 2008, 18:42

Nice car fella, cant wait to see it on new rims Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
greased-up-deaf-guy

Male Number of posts : 379
Drives : Seat inca

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyFri Feb 08 2008, 18:39

Very clean motor dude,me likes!

Thinkin of one of these for my next project.
Back to top Go down
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptySat Feb 09 2008, 08:58

Thinking of selling it if anyone is interested?
Back to top Go down
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyFri Feb 15 2008, 09:03

Fitted the de-locked handles on the front doors and a new scuttle board over the weekend. The handles were easy to fit but the scuttle board proved to be a right pig. Anyway they're on now making the car look even better so I'm happy. Found someone selling a set of RS6 rims cheap too so hopefully snap those up soon.
Back to top Go down
mrbeige

mrbeige

Male Number of posts : 209
Drives : '02 Passat TDI Sport
Registration date : 2008-02-12

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyFri Feb 15 2008, 09:10

Mmmmm wolf in sheeps clothing! Cool

Always had a soft spot for booted VW's, just a little bit different Smile The RS6 wheels would look good too.

How come you aren't fitting the Recaros in the Vento?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jetpower.co.uk
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyFri Feb 15 2008, 13:12

Thought I'd try and sell them separately as they're in the way at the min and don't want to spend money getting them fitted and re-trimmed if the cars going. Nice seats tho and real comfy. Just lowered the price to £300 to get rid. As for the car, really don't want to sell it as have wanted one for ages. Believe it or not but I was just as excited going to collect it as I was my 330. Been offered a set of RS6 wheels in great condition with out tyres for £150 which I could be tempted to buy if the seats go.

Last edited by shaunnorris7 on Wed Mar 26 2008, 08:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mrbeige

mrbeige

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyFri Feb 15 2008, 13:20

shaunnorris7 wrote:
That was the origional plan mate but my girlfriend is 4 months pregnant and its hit and miss whether I'll keep the car to be honest. So I thought I'd try and sell them separately as they're in the way at the min and don't want to spend money getting them fitted and re-trimmed if the cars going. Nice seats tho and real comfy. Just lowered the price to £300 to get rid. As for the car, really don't want to sell it as have wanted one for ages. Believe it or not but I was just as excited going to collect it as I was my 330. Been offered a set of RS6 wheels in great condition with out tyres for £150 which I could be tempted to buy if the seats go.

Congrats on the little one on the way! Keep the Vento, it's practical (4 doors) and goes well. Wheels would be favourable to seats in my book, especially if they are only £150!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptySat Feb 16 2008, 09:36

Got in contact with the guy about the wheels last nite and were gonna do a deal with the Sparco steering wheel, boss kit and gear knob I'm selling so there gonna cost me like £20!! Laughing He's from Southampton so gonna meet half way which is just past Milton Keynes.......
Back to top Go down
mrbeige

mrbeige

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptySat Feb 16 2008, 09:44

shaunnorris7 wrote:
Got in contact with the guy about the wheels last nite and were gonna do a deal with the Sparco steering wheel, boss kit and gear knob I'm selling so there gonna cost me like £20!! Laughing He's from Southampton so gonna meet half way which is just past Milton Keynes.......

cheers Good job dude! You gonna be at the Cambridge meet on the 29th in it then?
Back to top Go down
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptySat Feb 16 2008, 11:00

Prob not mate, I'll have to see. Where about exactly do you meet?
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyMon Feb 18 2008, 17:16

this thing is fast as fuuk and sounds like a bears wet dream! damn she growls! i got this impression from a 5 min B-road blast!
Back to top Go down
shaunnorris7

shaunnorris7

My Vento VR6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Vento VR6   My Vento VR6 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 15:30

I WANT THIS CAR BACK!!!! Cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Vento VR6 Empty