fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Action vs edition thread

Go down 
+17
martinb
MK1G60
lee
mk1g60phill
Stampers
Tobz
red_MK2_ryder
jimmymidnight
MarkGTX
VW Mike
max
Lupton_20vt
tinks
nelds
matty_mk1
djdougalno1
CaddyRage
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

the big decision
edition 38 at overstone park
Action vs edition thread Vote_lcap56%Action vs edition thread Vote_rcap
 56% [ 14 ]
vw action at the pod
Action vs edition thread Vote_lcap40%Action vs edition thread Vote_rcap
 40% [ 10 ]
maybe both
Action vs edition thread Vote_lcap4%Action vs edition thread Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Action vs edition thread Empty
PostSubject: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 21:50

So its come to that time of the year again to choose between action and edition again.

Lets see what your plans are and maybe the reasons why
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
djdougalno1

djdougalno1

Male Number of posts : 376
Drives : T4 tdi, a3 Quattro turbo and Yamaha r6
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 21:52

santa pod for me Action vs edition thread 11737
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 22:16

Edition all year long, what is VW action Action vs edition thread Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 22:18

Action at Santa Pod for me, Edition is full of posers and cheque book cars Action vs edition thread Lol
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 22:28

i havent used a cheque book for years and my mk2 will hopefully be there Action vs edition thread Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
tinks

tinks

Male Number of posts : 316
Drives : Mk3 VR6, Caddy project (off the road), ford transit (work van, dub to come)
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyWed Aug 04 2010, 22:38

edition all the way, whole weekend camping me thinks Action vs edition thread Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 06:39

Edition for me. Action vs edition thread 680462 First year of it for me.
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 08:39

Lupton_20vt wrote:

Ditto.

It's a bit silly for action to hold their show on the same week as arguably the most popular VW of the year
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 09:15

Action for me Smile Racing wins every time! I prefer the atmosphere at Action to Edition anyhow
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 10:01

definatly edition for me. cant beat the camping vibes Action vs edition thread 680462
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 10:15

Edition all the way, 3rd year in a row this year. BUH-ZING about it! excited
Back to top Go down
red_MK2_ryder

red_MK2_ryder

Male Number of posts : 89
Drives : Mk2 Ryder 1.3 - MK2 GTI 8V
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 10:21

i am having trouble deciding on this one, a mate went to edition last year, and there was some petty theiving going on (he had some valve caps nicked Action vs edition thread Icon_evil ) but i would like to go to edition, has anyone else ever heard of anything like this going on @ Edition???? Action vs edition thread Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Tobz

Tobz

Male Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 11:44

max wrote:
Lupton_20vt wrote:

Ditto.

It's a bit silly for action to hold their show on the same week as arguably the most popular VW of the year

Action has been running since 1975, i think you'll find they were probably there first given that VW were barely making watercooled cars back then!!!

Action all the way, much more chilled out and less likely to get aggro from chavs or stuff stolen as mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 12:09

red_MK2_ryder wrote:
i am having trouble deciding on this one, a mate went to edition last year, and there was some petty theiving going on (he had some valve caps nicked Action vs edition thread Icon_evil ) but i would like to go to edition, has anyone else ever heard of anything like this going on @ Edition???? Action vs edition thread Icon_scratch
One of the trade stands had some guy steal some VDO guages.
Another of the trade stands had some replacement BBS centre caps (not the logo, the whole hex nut cap) stolen too.

And a few various members of the public getting stuff stolen like aerials, centre caps, valve caps etc.

I remember waking up on the sunday morning, chilling out for about an hour or two in my camping chair, and watching a bunch of pr!cks rolling a red MK2 (or an older Polo, can't remember which tbh) onto its roof.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 12:10

Stampers wrote:
red_MK2_ryder wrote:
Another of the trade stands had some replacement BBS centre caps (not the logo, the whole hex nut cap) stolen too.

And a few various members of the public getting stuff stolen like aerials, centre caps, valve caps etc.

I remember waking up on the sunday morning, chilling out for about an hour or two in my camping chair, and watching a bunch of pr!cks rolling a red MK2 (or an older Polo, can't remember which tbh) onto its roof.

and you didn't stop them why?
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 12:39

max wrote:
Stampers wrote:
red_MK2_ryder wrote:

and you didn't stop them why?

Stop who?
That's quite a lot of people. I'm not a crime-fighting superhero.
And the red car was for sale for like £200. Apparently the guy couldnt sell it so they rolled it over. Something like that.

The security was a waste of time there too.
One of them twatted their Mitsubishi pickup door on another car whilst going along.
Back to top Go down
red_MK2_ryder

red_MK2_ryder

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 14:28

Stampers wrote:
red_MK2_ryder wrote:

Looks like i am going to the pod then, especially as i have a red MK 2, hearing about chavs rolling it onto its roof makes me Action vs edition thread Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 14:52

red_MK2_ryder wrote:
Stampers wrote:
red_MK2_ryder wrote:

Looks like i am going to the pod then, especially as i have a red MK 2, hearing about chavs rolling it onto its roof makes me Action vs edition thread Icon_evil

Security is being up majorly for this years show, as a result of last year ( which was by far the worst ive experience out of the 4 years ive been). unfortunatly not every1 that goes to the show are dubnuts like us, asmuch as we'd like to think that they are. And its them who ruined alot of peoples weekend last year.

Saying that i had a great couple days, experienced non of the goings on mentioned above, its just like the saying 'good news travels fast, bad news travels fast' if you ask me Action vs edition thread Icon_rolleyes

if you like top end show cars a few drinks and camping banter with mates, you cant go wrong with edition38 imo ofcourse Action vs edition thread 51732
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 15:11

I'm not saying I had a bad weekend at all.
In all honesty, it was pretty good.
Camping and Drinking is always fun, even better when there's VAG cars involved.

This year the rave tent is being taken away right?
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 15:18

Stampers wrote:

maybe woulda been better putting that in your first post then, to give a more balance few to people that havent been before.

yeah the 'rave' tent is not happening this year, something else is lined up apparently.
Back to top Go down
red_MK2_ryder

red_MK2_ryder

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 15:43

Stampers wrote:

hmmmmm now i cant decide..... Action vs edition thread 11737 it was easier when i thought edition was trouble...Action vs edition thread 730194
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 16:00

I didn't experience bad vibes either of the times i went to Edition, and both times i was there from Friday through Sunday... Just a few bad eggs, that you get at any event like that.

Only real downer i experienced was not driving a VAG car and feeling a bit left out, so same again this year LOL
Back to top Go down
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 16:35

nelds wrote:
Action at Santa Pod for me, Edition is full of posers and cheque book cars Action vs edition thread Lol
Action vs edition thread 51732 Its just good to see cars in action.
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 17:34

matty_mk1 wrote:
Stampers wrote:

maybe woulda been better putting that in your first post then, to give a more balance few to people that havent been before.

yeah the 'rave' tent is not happening this year, something else is lined up apparently.

Why?
Red_MK2_ryder asked if anyone had heard about any thieving going on at Edition 38. So I said that's what I saw/heard last year.
He never asked for opinions...

red_MK2_ryder wrote:

But yeah, it's a good show.
Just keep anything that can be robbed, locked up in your car, thats all! Laughing
Back to top Go down
lee

lee

Male Number of posts : 401
Drives : mk5 gti. gsxr750
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread EmptyThu Aug 05 2010, 18:00

edition 4 me. great time last few years. cars, bbq's, firepit,
yes the rave tent wont b there but theres still a partynite.
went 2 action years ago. more air cooled than water, i prefer edition Action vs edition thread 51732
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action vs edition thread   Action vs edition thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Action vs edition thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next