fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Category C write off. Worth it?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Category C write off. Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Category C write off. Worth it?   Category C write off. Worth it? EmptyMon Jul 19 2010, 17:50

Alright guys, need a little bit of help here.

As I've got the BMW up for sale, I've been looking around at cars to get in replacement.
I want to get another VAG car as I really did enjoy my Golf, but just something a bit bigger.

So I've been looking at a few Audi A4 B5 TDI's, and I'm pretty impressed with the spec of them.
Not bad for a car its age.
Anyway, found a minter with low mileage and for a great price.

One catch...its a Category C.

Obviously I'm gonna give him a call to find out why, but is there any hidden catches with a Cat C car?
Insurance premiums, hidden fees, etc?

Any info would be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Buey

Buey

Male Number of posts : 483
Drives : Mk1 VW Golf Cabrio & Seat Leon FSi
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Category C write off. Worth it?   Category C write off. Worth it? EmptyTue Jul 20 2010, 13:03

My cab is a cat C. You wouldnt know it though even checking it out scrupulously on a ramp.

I would always think twice about a cat C or D because if you have an accident in it its likely to be weakened. Although they do have to go through certain safety tests before they can be put back on the road.

If your happy with the condition of the car and it drives in a straight line you have had a good look underneath.... properly. ( making sure there hasnt been any further damage since, and hes hiding behind the Cat C scenario) Then just make sure the price is right, not just cheap. It should be priced approximately half what it would be, if it wasnt recorded.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=669158062&r
Jay

Jay

Male Number of posts : 768
Drives : Mk3 Golf Cab
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Category C write off. Worth it?   Category C write off. Worth it? EmptyTue Jul 20 2010, 15:39

Some insurance companies won't touch them so check with your current insurer or the one you are going with...re-sale would be an issue maybe but if you are going to keep it for a few years (hardly!! Razz) it shouldn't be a problem.

Try and find out what was repaired as iirc a car can be written off from vandalism ie smashed windows/panels dented/paint scratches etc if the repair costs are greater than whatever the percentage is to repair it.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Category C write off. Worth it?   Category C write off. Worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Category C write off. Worth it?
Page 1 of 1