fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheel spacer help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Wheel spacer help Empty
PostSubject: Wheel spacer help   Wheel spacer help EmptyTue Jun 08 2010, 19:03

Had a little look about an seem to find conflicting ideas of what works best. I am looking for the wheels to sit flush or slight tuck,

The wheels in question are 19x8.5 and will be fitted with 215/35R19 tyres for some stretch.

Was thinking 5mm front and 15mm rear?

Car is a Mk4
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Wheel spacer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacer help   Wheel spacer help EmptyTue Jun 08 2010, 22:05

I have just changed my fronts from 235/35/19 to 215/35/19 because they rubbed on the front archers but the guy I bought them off has the same car and they never rubbed! I think it depends on how low and offset of wheels and maybe individual car best to have a play and find the right set up for your car Wheel spacer help 51732
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Wheel spacer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacer help   Wheel spacer help EmptyTue Jun 08 2010, 22:14

Ian83 wrote:
Had a little look about an seem to find conflicting ideas of what works best. I am looking for the wheels to sit flush or slight tuck,

The wheels in question are 19x8.5 and will be fitted with 215/35R19 tyres for some stretch.

Was thinking 5mm front and 15mm rear?

Car is a Mk4

depends on the offset of the wheels and tyres fitted. also, fitment is a very personal thing i think so best way to get it how YOU want, is to have a measure up yourself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Wheel spacer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacer help   Wheel spacer help EmptyWed Jun 09 2010, 06:10

Offset of the wheels are Et35. I have sat and measured it all with my 18's that are currently on (18x8.5 et35 with a 225/40) and it's going to bring it all with a very slight tuck so think it will work. Just don't want to end up with spacers too wide and tyres rubbing on the arch's every bump i go over. Tyres will be Falken as these from what i can find on the net site nice on a 8.5 rim.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Wheel spacer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacer help   Wheel spacer help EmptyWed Jun 09 2010, 07:37

Just buy varying sizes of cheap halfords spacers.
Spend about £50-£60 worth on them, then you have a different range that you can use to get it stanced how you want it.

15mm and larger spacers should only be used with wheels 8J wide and under with an offset around 30 or higher IMO, or you're asking for trouble.
I know that's very generalised, but if you go down the "sets of cheap spacers" route, then you'll get it exactly how you want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Wheel spacer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacer help   Wheel spacer help EmptyWed Jun 09 2010, 09:35

Ian83 wrote:
Offset of the wheels are Et35. I have sat and measured it all with my 18's that are currently on (18x8.5 et35 with a 225/40) and it's going to bring it all with a very slight tuck so think it will work. Just don't want to end up with spacers too wide and tyres rubbing on the arch's every bump i go over. Tyres will be Falken as these from what i can find on the net site nice on a 8.5 rim.

Sounds like your doing it right mate and checking before you go buy the wrong 1s just cuz some1 said so Razz the falkens are good m8 ive had them on my cars for quite a while now and cant moan about them atall plus i think the stretch nice. Dont forget to get longer bolts if you get spacers bigger than 5mm Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Wheel spacer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacer help   Wheel spacer help EmptyWed Jun 09 2010, 09:56

matty_mk1 wrote:

Sounds like your doing it right mate and checking before you go buy the wrong 1s just cuz some1 said so Razz the falkens are good m8 ive had them on my cars for quite a while now and cant moan about them atall plus i think the stretch nice. Dont forget to get longer bolts if you get spacers bigger than 5mm Thumbs up

All under control my friend! Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Sponsored content

Wheel spacer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheel spacer help   Wheel spacer help Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheel spacer help
Page 1 of 1