fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best/worst handling vw?

Go down 
+9
millfischk69
whatalotafun
billybug
todd
matty_mk1
Tiz
Lupton_20vt
Dan34
thekman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
thekman

thekman

Male Number of posts : 141
Drives : Polo 6N 1.6 GLX
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Best/worst handling vw? Empty
PostSubject: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 16:35

Right i'm sure alot of you on here have driven or know people that own most models, and probably on coilovers aswell

so what have you experienced or heard to be the best and worst handling vw?

Personally i think the mk3 golf, slammed on coilovers and 195 45 15 tyres my old one literally stuck to the road no matter how fast you would go into a corner, and then when it did slide, it seemed to drift exactly where you wanted it to go, dunno if thats anything to do with the camber?
also the mk3 is the bumpiest and worst ride ever on coilovers, and that is a fact lol ebay coilies that is anyway

anyway, iv driven or witnessed mk1,2,4 golf and polo 6n/2 all on coilovers and the mk3 is the best imo

what do people think?
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 16:38

Mk2 golf on coilovers is pretty dam good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 18:20

mk4 golf worst handling vw - FACT!
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 18:46

did somebody just say the mk3 golf on cheap ebay coilovers is the best handling vw? slaphead
Back to top Go down
thekman

thekman

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 18:48

Tiz wrote:
did somebody just say the mk3 golf on cheap ebay coilovers is the best handling vw? slaphead

i did indeed, and im sure it can only get better on some good ones
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 19:12

There are sooo many variables, unless you just talk about stock car. tyres(size and brand), coliover brands, suspension geometry, bushes, bracing/cages, engine........

And no your mk3 wants the best handling vw, far from it im sure Best/worst handling vw? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
todd

todd

Male Number of posts : 765
Drives : 75 beetle, 72 beetle back on the road
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 19:28

Splitty with a 6 inch narrowed beam and dropped 3 splines at rear is best handling I thinkBest/worst handling vw? Lol
Caddys are surprisingly good Ive found
Back to top Go down
thekman

thekman

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 20:22

im not saying my old one was the best by anymeans, obviously there is a s**t load of stuff you can do to improve handling if money is not a problem, but my mates other shape golfs and my new polo with the same ta techniks coilies on havnt produced as good results, so surley that suggests there is somthing about the mk3 as standard which is good
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 21:09

mk2 golf with no rear spings, no bumpstops, and cut front springs and wound alllll the way down with 14 degrees of camber, the WORST handling car in the world FACT. i bet your mk3 was nowhere near as bumpy as my mk2 Razz i took my bro to southy in it once and he could not belive how bad it was you tried rolling a fag, and it ended up in my lap Razz, it was so bad it hurt no joke, girls moaned their boobs hurt, one even wore a sports bra once hahaha!!
Back to top Go down
whatalotafun

whatalotafun

Male Number of posts : 1656
Drives : fiesta zetec, eunos roadster, 1970 bug, honda vt 250
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 21:17

not that it's the worst handling or anything, but i was in a relatively standard old beetle and found it to be the wierdest thing i've ever cornered in.....not because of the handling, but the bloody jelly/mattress type seats!!
they seem to sway as you corner, lol
Back to top Go down
millfischk69

millfischk69

Male Number of posts : 997
Drives : MK1 Golf GX 1457cc, 53 plate MK4 R32 in DPB, Kawasaki Ninja J1
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyThu May 13 2010, 21:58

For a stock setup my mk4 R32 is the best i've driven, but yet to try a mk5 R32
Back to top Go down
thekman

thekman

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyFri May 14 2010, 14:09

billybug wrote:
mk2 golf with no rear spings, no bumpstops, and cut front springs and wound alllll the way down with 14 degrees of camber, the WORST handling car in the world FACT. i bet your mk3 was nowhere near as bumpy as my mk2 Razz i took my bro to southy in it once and he could not belive how bad it was you tried rolling a fag, and it ended up in my lap Razz, it was so bad it hurt no joke, girls moaned their boobs hurt, one even wore a sports bra once hahaha!!

haha i dont know how you drove that, i took my assistor springs out allround and i think i lasted 2 days before i had to put the front ones back in as i litterally couldnt go much above 30 on the roads round barkway
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyFri May 14 2010, 17:50

thekman wrote:
billybug wrote:

haha i dont know how you drove that, i took my assistor springs out allround and i think i lasted 2 days before i had to put the front ones back in as i litterally couldnt go much above 30 on the roads round barkway

nah them roads are horrible i never went over 40 way to scary, i dont know how i drove it like that either use to go southy every weekend in it and drive to gamlingay every day and the roads are just as bad as barkway haha
Back to top Go down
hypeboy

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptySat May 15 2010, 17:38

my mk2 is lowered 120front and 110back, with 165/50r15 bridgestone potanza or whatever, and in dry it handles pretty good, ive checked it round the roundabout and it was doing 45-50 without sliding out
Back to top Go down
charlie1987

charlie1987

Male Number of posts : 897
Drives : 1996 5dr mk3 vr6 highline
Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptySun May 16 2010, 17:20

Lupton_20vt wrote:

well thats what u get for chopping ur anti roll bar off and driving like a noob chris Best/worst handling vw? Icon_twisted

thats what u get for riding so low on stupidly wide rims lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/fendubbers
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptySun May 16 2010, 20:34

charlie1987 wrote:
Lupton_20vt wrote:

well thats what u get for chopping ur anti roll bar off and driving like a noob chris Best/worst handling vw? Icon_twisted

thats what u get for riding so low on stupidly wide rims lol

i dont know what your talking about!? Best/worst handling vw? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
SPERMBANKMK3

SPERMBANKMK3

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyTue Jun 01 2010, 14:10

Imuho. My mk2 goof, on -35mm spax shocks and springs 15x7" mim wheels, was just a simply awesome handling dub. Everytime I chuckEd it hard into a corner, it just stuck and stuck and stuck, it would c**k it's inside wheel and then still stick.
Miss that car :-(
Back to top Go down
SPERMBANKMK3

SPERMBANKMK3

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyTue Jun 01 2010, 14:13

Imuho. My mk2 goof, on -35mm spax shocks and springs 15x7" mim wheels, was just a simply awesome handling dub. Everytime I chuckEd it hard into a corner, it just stuck and stuck and stuck, it would c**k it's inside wheel and then still stick.
Miss that car :-(
Back to top Go down
Jake mk2

Jake mk2

Male Number of posts : 413
Drives : Mk2 Golf GTI
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? EmptyTue Jun 01 2010, 20:15

I hate anything with rayvern air suspension. Drove a celica at the weekend. Was nice
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=742850927
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best/worst handling vw?   Best/worst handling vw? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best/worst handling vw?
Page 1 of 1