fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

temporary alignment by eye...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

temporary alignment by eye... Empty
PostSubject: temporary alignment by eye...   temporary alignment by eye... EmptyThu Apr 29 2010, 17:14

got the car back on its feet again, but my camber and toe are so far out i cant drive it, even to a garage to get it sorted properly...

anyone got any tricks to setting it up roughly just so i can get it somewhere to do it properly?

cheers all
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: temporary alignment by eye...   temporary alignment by eye... EmptyThu Apr 29 2010, 18:29

For the toe you could use a tape measure and just measure the distance between the two front wheels at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock when looking at the wheel from the inside.. if that makes sense?

Obviously with the steering straight ahead. And just try get the two distances as close as possible untill you get it done properly.

As for the camber, could try a sprit level along the wheel rim pointing upwards. Thats if the shape of the wheel allows a spirit level to sit nicely on the rim.
Back to top Go down
Doobie

Male Number of posts : 178
Drives : Passat V6 syncro tip
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: temporary alignment by eye...   temporary alignment by eye... EmptyThu Apr 29 2010, 19:05

for the camber stick a piece of string with a weight on it to the top of the arch in the centre then measure from string to the wheel top and bottom and adjust to suit...
Back to top Go down
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: temporary alignment by eye...   temporary alignment by eye... EmptyFri Apr 30 2010, 17:24

cheers guys. got it good enough to get it to the garage tues night if i take it really steady.

cant wait to have it sorted now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: temporary alignment by eye...   temporary alignment by eye... Empty

Back to top Go down

temporary alignment by eye...
Page 1 of 1