fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

when selling a car..

Go down 
+6
Buey
bravo211
Tiz
matty_mk1
MarkGTX
Weverall
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Weverall

Weverall

Male Number of posts : 460
Drives : Peugeot 307 D-Turbo
Registration date : 2008-11-20

when selling a car.. Empty
PostSubject: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 00:30

does it often happen that you get silly offers..

just that got an offer for my land rover for 850... even though its priced at 1500ono.. or is that normal?

Dave
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 00:30

yeah thats normal, people think its worth a shot
Back to top Go down
Weverall

Weverall

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 00:32

good job, just got an email through and was like awahh, i questioned whther he'd seen the price at all..

oh well should hopefully be going tomorrow... now to test my selling skills for its first time Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 00:41

i tent to let the car sell itself, the persons come cuz they obviously interested in it. ive never had some 1 come look at a car without buying it, hardest part is gettin some1 to come look.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 16:59

i always email people cheeky offers like that, you never know they might be desperate for the money but not willing to say it publicly, dont ask dont get it my motto and ive never paid full price for any car when selling a car.. 51732
Back to top Go down
bravo211

bravo211

Number of posts : 1168
Drives : mk3 golf
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 17:24

i got offered £300 for my golf and i told them where to go
Back to top Go down
Buey

Buey

Male Number of posts : 483
Drives : Mk1 VW Golf Cabrio & Seat Leon FSi
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 17:39

Tiz wrote:
i always email people cheeky offers like that, you never know they might be desperate for the money but not willing to say it publicly, dont ask dont get it my motto and ive never paid full price for any car when selling a car.. 51732

Paying full price isnt necessarily wrong though.

I once had a car for sale at £7999 that was the cheapest of its kind for over 100 miles. The nearest identical car was £300 dearer and 25 miles away. (similar mileage, same colour and spec) needless to say the customer walked away, only because I wouldnt budge on the price, I found out later that he bought the other one and the seller deducted £200. I sold mine for full price the same day.

Who got the best deal? Sometimes common sense should kick in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=669158062&r
Weverall

Weverall

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 17:47

oh and the other question is when they come to look and what do i do if they want a test drive?

been looking on the internet but theres a few different options people talk about but im undecided lol
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

Male Number of posts : 1257
Drives : T4 Transporter, Mk2 Golf ABF
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 17:48

i allways price it slightly above the price i want, so that someone can make me an offer, that way you get closer to what you want and they think they have Drove away with a bargain!
Back to top Go down
Ellyt

Ellyt

Male Number of posts : 60
Drives : MK4 Golf GTI 1.8T 20V
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 17:55

let them take it but go with them. talk to them whilst their driving and try and sell it, general chit chat helps as well
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 18:08

Weverall wrote:
oh and the other question is when they come to look and what do i do if they want a test drive?

been looking on the internet but theres a few different options people talk about but im undecided lol

Either say they must bring insurance with them if you want to be fully legal, or just go with them. thats what ive always done and take them on a nice route.

Ellyt wrote:
let them take it but go with them. talk to them whilst their driving and try and sell it, general chit chat helps as well

this is good advice, keep chatting to them even if its not about the car. it keeps the occupied and makes it harder for them to listen for things that could be wrong when selling a car.. Lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 19:39

i never let them drive the car, i always take them out, let one guy take a test drive once and he thrashed the fook out of the car so when we got back i locked it up and told him to go home. Unless they have insurance that would cover it whos to say they wont stack it and go "oh well" and drive home.
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptyThu Feb 25 2010, 19:50

I ALWAYS drive, the only exception is if they show valid drive anything insurance and the rule is "you bend it, you bought" they must leave their keys with me.
Back to top Go down
trashedchris

trashedchris

Male Number of posts : 586
Drives : honda civic, mk1 sold :(
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. EmptySun Feb 28 2010, 21:30

Tiz wrote:

with you on that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when selling a car..   when selling a car.. Empty

Back to top Go down

when selling a car..
Page 1 of 1