fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my windscreen washers are posessed....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

my windscreen washers are posessed.... Empty
PostSubject: my windscreen washers are posessed....   my windscreen washers are posessed.... EmptyThu May 08 2008, 23:49

Well i have seen threads before about the electrics on Corrado's being a bit iffy but mine has always been ok til now, first up my drivers side leccy window has packed up so i cant open it which is great now the weathers boiling (typical i had no heaters for most of the winter, now they work fine when i dont need them but cant open the window now i want it open! Evil or Very Mad ). Also my windscreen washers seem to have taken on a life of their own and seem to randomly turn on while i am driving, they keep randonly coming on and at one point tonight i had to drive a couple of miles with the wipers going full belt cos the washers were constantly on! Any ideas? scratch
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

PostSubject: Re: my windscreen washers are posessed....   my windscreen washers are posessed.... EmptyTue Jul 08 2008, 21:00

well the good news is i seem to have cured both problems, although both in slightly unproffesional ways! The window was easy, just pulled the switch out, wiggled the wires a bit and it started working!

As for the washers, well I got back from a heavy (but awsome Cool ) weekend at silverstone yesterday and needed to pop out to get some milk for a much needed coffee and they started going off again and would not turn off. At the time seeing as i was feeling the effects a little from weekend mixture of sleep depravation, hangover, sunstroke, nearly drowning, and sleeping on the floor for 3nights (mental note, buy an air bed for next year!) so not in the best of moods i decided that the best thing to do to fix it would be to umm......punch it a little, resulting in Embarassed :

my windscreen washers are posessed.... F1pics002

my windscreen washers are posessed.... F1pics001

but hey the washers dont keep going off anymore! Laughing (unfortunatly nor do the wipers etc! Suspect ).

Anyone gotta spare?
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: my windscreen washers are posessed....   my windscreen washers are posessed.... EmptyTue Jul 08 2008, 21:40

mate that was funny. I read what you said before jumping to the pic which kinda what i expected!! Laughing

Unfortunately bud, believe the mfa stalk is a common part for going haywire so it maybe me quite hard to track 1 down for reasonable money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
martinb
martinb

PostSubject: Re: my windscreen washers are posessed....   my windscreen washers are posessed.... EmptyTue Jul 08 2008, 21:51

CaddyRage wrote:
Unfortunately bud, believe the mfa stalk is a common part for going haywire so it maybe me quite hard to track 1 down for reasonable money.

arrgh no. I thought i had one, but checked today and have a spare indicator one, typical, lol it felt good though. I can still operate the wipers with a screwdriver! Laughing
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

PostSubject: Re: my windscreen washers are posessed....   my windscreen washers are posessed.... EmptyWed Jul 09 2008, 21:27

will a mk2 gti one be the same Question
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: my windscreen washers are posessed....   my windscreen washers are posessed.... EmptyWed Jul 09 2008, 21:29

martinb wrote:
will a mk2 gti one be the same Question

Believe so bud, i sold 1 a while ago and it defo looks like how yours normally would be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
martinb
martinb

PostSubject: Re: my windscreen washers are posessed....   my windscreen washers are posessed.... EmptyWed Jul 09 2008, 21:35

ahh cool, might sneak outside and pinch emma's then! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my windscreen washers are posessed....   my windscreen washers are posessed.... Empty

Back to top Go down

my windscreen washers are posessed....
Page 1 of 1