fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

East anglia mega meet??

Go down 
+47
Jay
Doobie
mad4it
steveVR6
cabrio19
t4vanwhoreyeah!
waz1176
bling bug
Stampers
dub vader
cliffy
polo_kibb
Mac
mark-1vw
VW Mike
Jimbo
Miggs
trashedchris
Luke
GTI Greg
jimmymidnight
tom4mo
tinks
martinb
mk3golfcab
vladimir
Liam B
todd
Ashley
Tiz
BenjaminHeavey
chubby353
billybug
tomstanforster
max
scully
mk1g60phill
Rigamortiz
whittle
matty_mk1
Lupton_20vt
rp24k
MarkGTX
azzeer
nelds
whatalotafun
CaddyRage
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28 2010, 23:47

trashedchris wrote:
LEE have you emailed the forestry about this as you never know they might not like this... as all the tree huggers will say its s**t for the inviroment blah blah

I intend to speak to someone in person on sunday when i go biking mate.

We may have to take a tree each to plant so it keeps them happy East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
trashedchris

trashedchris

Male Number of posts : 586
Drives : honda civic, mk1 sold :(
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28 2010, 23:55

CaddyRage wrote:
trashedchris wrote:
LEE have you emailed the forestry about this as you never know they might not like this... as all the tree huggers will say its s**t for the inviroment blah blah

I intend to speak to someone in person on sunday when i go biking mate.

We may have to take a tree each to plant so it keeps them happy East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 Icon_razz

kewl kewl well i think they have to be cold hearted if they say no to a charity fund even if you done something like a 30/70% 30 for them but the only down side to that is you have to do it properly and speak to the charity you wish to raise money for as they need to support you and endorse the event so this makes this legal
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29 2010, 00:20

im still not liking the idea of location tbh. we have to pay to get in (trying to srt anything out will be hassle) if the weather is good it will be packed and noway we can all park together, known speed bump that is an arse (well defiantly to me).

i think somewhere free, or if we have to pay to use a playing field we can charge an entrance fee, with no bumps etc.

i know its not in the right place but mepal rec would be spot on. no bumps and plenty big enough, pavilion with toliets and a kettle. so i think somewhere in a central are like that.
Back to top Go down
trashedchris

trashedchris

Male Number of posts : 586
Drives : honda civic, mk1 sold :(
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29 2010, 00:28

MarkGTX wrote:
im still not liking the idea of location tbh. we have to pay to get in (trying to srt anything out will be hassle) if the weather is good it will be packed and noway we can all park together, known speed bump that is an arse (well defiantly to me).

i think somewhere free, or if we have to pay to use a playing field we can charge an entrance fee, with no bumps etc.

i know its not in the right place but mepal rec would be spot on. no bumps and plenty big enough, pavilion with toliets and a kettle. so i think somewhere in a central are like that.

im gussin he wants a place fair to everyone somewhere big/well known
Back to top Go down
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29 2010, 01:00

I spoke to the guy from Suffolk Buggers today and he said it's a great idea, I'm going to pass your details on Lee so he can contact you direct East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 51732 East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 51732
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29 2010, 01:14

trashedchris wrote:
MarkGTX wrote:

im gussin he wants a place fair to everyone somewhere big/well known

oh i agree, local to everyone, was just using mepal rec as an example of the sort of place i mean
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29 2010, 15:32

At the Mo, the only downside about thetford is the speedbumps IMO.

The car park is much bigger than you think as not only is there a massive square away from the main stream parking, there's also the over spill area that can be used.

I think high lodge would be great, simply as there's other things you can do.

I'am hoping someone can get more info on the free parking at santon downham.

Once a few area's have been pinpointed, we'll discuss which would be best.

Definately needs to be within the thetford area though
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29 2010, 16:11

ive never been to thetford and seen enough room there tbh. and last year i went pretty much every sunday without fail. all of the car park sections have cars in.

oh and the overflow carpark has been reduced in size a lot and now consists of mainly picnic area. but i might be thinking of brandon country park now....
Back to top Go down
Miggs

Male Number of posts : 24
Drives : slammed mk2 slammed b5 and i look at my other mk2 8vin the garage
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30 2010, 10:36

the picnic place at santon downham is quite a rough old carpark we were going to have a meet there but the way in is erm pot hole city
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubgeneration.co.uk
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30 2010, 10:50

Miggs wrote:
the picnic place at santon downham is quite a rough old carpark we were going to have a meet there but the way in is erm pot hole city

Cheers for that mate, saved me having to go over to have a look East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 51732

Do you know of anywhere else around the thetford area we could go?
Back to top Go down
Miggs

Male Number of posts : 24
Drives : slammed mk2 slammed b5 and i look at my other mk2 8vin the garage
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30 2010, 11:49

the trouble is its going to be quite a few cars the only place i can think off which is open to the public and big enough is fritton lake
Back to top Go down
http://www.dubgeneration.co.uk
Jimbo

Jimbo

Male Number of posts : 229
Drives : B7 Audi A4
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 01 2010, 18:48

Thetford is a good place to meet! Sainsburys/mcdonalds car park is very big! Been to loads of jap meets there when I had my s14a! Free parking a food close! I think it's the perfect location Wink
charity wise, been in the RAF I'm saying "help for heroes" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02 2010, 16:17

Jimbo wrote:

I think that's a good call on the charity...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02 2010, 16:49

yep im down with that. got a few mates in the forces and if they were to come back all banged up id want them to get all the help they needed East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 51732
Back to top Go down
mark-1vw

mark-1vw

Male Number of posts : 1234
Drives : ^^THE ABOVE ^^
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02 2010, 20:14

VW Mike wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

I think that's a good call on the charity...

how about "help for my mk1 fund" East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 Lol
Back to top Go down
Jimbo

Jimbo

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 02 2010, 22:47

Thanks for the support guys, means alot to me! Just hope everone else has the same opinion on the charity so we can finalise it and sort the meet!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 11:26

Sounds a very worthy charity to me East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 51732
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 11:38

Agreed

Just need a central location now East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
tomstanforster

tomstanforster

Male Number of posts : 1385
Drives : Mk1 Karmann cabby,Mk1 caddy,B3 waggon,2011 caddy van
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 12:12

i think the help for heros is a great idea ,i've done a few charity rugby matches for them Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 13:11

I have alot of the guys from RAF Honnington come into my Barbershop in Bury for haircuts, they're a decent bunch of lads so Help For Heroes is deffo a good cause East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 51732 East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 51732
Back to top Go down
Jimbo

Jimbo

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 13:21

I'll be able to sort the charity side of things at work as soon as we sort a location and date! What are the contenders for location so far then?
Back to top Go down
Mac

Male Number of posts : 78
Drives : 91 Aussi Trakka Syncro, 71 1302, Volksrod Beach Buggy, 1302 Chassis looking for a body shell
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 19:04

I'll spike this up on the splitterz website if you don't mind. We have members from Littleport, Newmarket, St Ives down to Chelmsford. I'm sure someone will pop along East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 460227

As for the choice of charity, I left the RAF after 25 years and while I've had some scrapes, a mate of mine took a RPG shrapnel throught the nads - he wins. He drives a T25 Westy and he'll show you the scars if you really want East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
polo_kibb

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 22:01

im newish to the forum, but just looking through here, is a really good idea, im in another club called eastcoastdubs? not sure if you were gnaa invite them along or not? Razz

what about Nownton park in Bury St. Eds??, not sure if its central enough for every1 tho?
im also involved in Bury mini club...and we start our charity runs off from Rams Meadow car park in bury?? massive car park, and like a few mile or so from A14?? and i think Bury council are pretty ok, and obv a sunday is free parking, its usually empty, and toilets and a pub near by Smile

sorry if i was buttin in Razz
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 22:23

Jimbo wrote:
been in the RAF I'm saying "help for heroes" Very Happy

fine with me, utmost respect for those in the forces East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 460227
Back to top Go down
cliffy

Male Number of posts : 12
Drives : 1979 vw westy (3rd owner)
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 03 2010, 22:55

What about Earith? free parking, Free camping and depending on how many I might even be able to get a field? Just a thought. see what you think when you come over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theriverviewinn.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: East anglia mega meet??   East anglia mega meet?? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

East anglia mega meet??
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next