fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bob_drinks_beer

bob_drinks_beer

Male Number of posts : 515
Drives : Polo 6n 1.4 16v
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels?   Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels? EmptySat Jan 23 2010, 08:16

I've just been talking to a mate about fibreglass panels, and the fact that i can never find any for the 6n polo.

The place hes getting his (for his celica) can make any standard panels, plus modified panels such as wings with wide arches, vents etc, but needs a min of 5 orders for each part to cover the cost of the mold.

So that doesnt mean 2 people wanting wide arches, one for a bonnet, one for a tailgate, etc, it would be 5 orders of wide wings, 5 orders of bonnets, etc.

He would also need an original panel to make the initial mold from, though these could be sourced from a scrapyard if demand was high enough.

I was just wondering if there was any interest on here for bonnets, tailgates, doors, wings?

Id be very interested in getting a bonnet and tailgate, probably wings and doors too.

Prices will be worked out once we know how much interest there is.
Back to top Go down
whittle

whittle

Male Number of posts : 1882
Drives : along the pavement
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels?   Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels? EmptySat Jan 23 2010, 12:34

i would be up for bonnet, tailgate and wings

you can get them from germany no problem, and they arent actualy that expensive.

the only reason im holding back is you have to use bonnet pins...
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels?   Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels? EmptySat Jan 23 2010, 21:23

thermal wrote:

you can get them from germany no problem, and they arent actualy that expensive.

you dont have too, ive seen alot of cars with fibre glass bonnets and the original catch
Back to top Go down
whittle

whittle

Male Number of posts : 1882
Drives : along the pavement
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels?   Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels? EmptySat Jan 23 2010, 21:54

billybug wrote:
thermal wrote:

you dont have too, ive seen alot of cars with fibre glass bonnets and the original catch

yea thats what i want, but it looks like the ones i found dont have the moulding for it ;-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels?   Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in fibreglass pannels?
Page 1 of 1