fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
anddyy88

anddyy88

Male Number of posts : 26
Drives : Golf mk3 gti, nissan 200sx, fiesta xr2
Registration date : 2009-10-29

pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? Empty
PostSubject: pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?   pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? EmptyFri Jan 08 2010, 22:08

there is a small pump unit in my boot (mk3 golf gti 8v) which runs when the locks are operated.... it used to run for about 3 seconds, but is now going for a good minute when the door is locked/unlocked...

is it broken or am i worrying for nothing?

andy
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?   pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? EmptyFri Jan 08 2010, 22:11

Its the central locking pump to the tailgate lock. The pin is probs a little stiff due to the cold.

Just wait til it packs up totally then replace pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? 51732
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?   pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? EmptySat Jan 09 2010, 09:54

the pump is running as you have an air leak in it.
they normally come undone in the front doors. its a small thick plastic pipe.just push it back in with a LITTLE super glue to stop it doing it again.
Back to top Go down
anddyy88

anddyy88

Male Number of posts : 26
Drives : Golf mk3 gti, nissan 200sx, fiesta xr2
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?   pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? EmptySat Jan 09 2010, 10:55

ah i just had a go and im sure i can hear a hissing noise around-about the front drivers door where the hinge is... are the pipes white and about 6mm?
Back to top Go down
bravo211

bravo211

Number of posts : 1168
Drives : mk3 golf
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?   pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? EmptySat Jan 09 2010, 12:47

its onley a small tube and and it sounds like just a leak and not the pump knackered
Back to top Go down
guy
guy

Male Number of posts : 1689
Drives : MK 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, T5
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?   pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? EmptySat Jan 09 2010, 20:55

bravo211 wrote:
its onley a small tube and and it sounds like just a leak and not the pump knackered

I point you at the previous post above which must be said I didnt make myself totally clear with.

The system is leaking. normally around the front doors are the suspect places. yes its a white pipe about 5mm in diameter.

My sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?   pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked? Empty

Back to top Go down

pump/motor in the boot when doors are locked/unlocked?
Page 1 of 1