fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

more for the mk4 owner airbag fault (how to fix) LUPTON

Go down 
AuthorMessage
charlie1987

charlie1987

Male Number of posts : 897
Drives : 1996 5dr mk3 vr6 highline
Registration date : 2008-03-02

more for the mk4 owner airbag fault  (how to fix) LUPTON Empty
PostSubject: more for the mk4 owner airbag fault (how to fix) LUPTON   more for the mk4 owner airbag fault  (how to fix) LUPTON EmptyFri Jan 08 2010, 20:59

found this on another forum

how to put seats in n stop airbag lights now talking to a few ppl this is the same way to cure mk4 golf bora passat airbag in seat fault either resistance to high or low

OK, 2001 Jetta, three-wire airbag plugs, two wire seatbelt plug (passenger side), four wire seatbelt plug (driver's side). Put in different seats. This is to eliminate the airbag light and restore the order:
1. Connect only positives on airbag plugs with a 4.7Ohm, 1/2 watt, 5% tolerance resistors;
2. Passenger side seatbelt plug: connect with a 2.2K Ohm, 1/2 watt, 5% tolerance resistor;
3. Driver's side seatbelt plug: bundle two positives together (in my case, red and yellow), two negatives together (two browns). Then connect with a 470 Ohm, 1/2 watt, 5% tolerance resistor.
4. Use Vag-Com to clear codes.

Cheers and don't thank me. Just giving back to the community. Trust me, pictures are unnecessary. A monkey can do it in less than 30 minutes.

Quote, originally posted by bigmak »

Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/fendubbers

more for the mk4 owner airbag fault (how to fix) LUPTON
Page 1 of 1