fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Polo GT weirdness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stuffing

Male Number of posts : 42
Drives : Mk3 Polo GT
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Polo GT weirdness Empty
PostSubject: Polo GT weirdness   Polo GT weirdness EmptyWed Nov 25 2009, 21:07

Right, bit of a strange one this - Last week, while driving to work, I put my foot down to accellerate past 60, and the revs decided to start dropping off gradually. I thought this was a bit strange, chucked it into fourth put my foot down and the revs gradually dropped again. Took it out of gear, coasted to a layby where I stopped and gave the throttle a blip. It revved to 1500rpm but when the revs dropped back down, it then stalled... The car wouldn't start again and I got towed home! Polo GT weirdness 298631

So, it magically decided it wanted to start the next day, I replicated the problem and was towed home again...

Since then I've fitted a new coil and HT leads tonight. It started when jumped off another car (the battery was a bit dead), so took it out for a quick spin round the block, came home and once again it wouldn't start. Jumped it again, round the block again, this time it catches, but you need to blip the throttle to stop it from stalling... Longer run, and the same issue once again.

I'm not going to say that I'm no longer getting the original issue (I've been at this long enough tonight!), but it hasn't crept up on any of my runs. Has anyone got any ideas what could be at fault?

Thanks for any help - sorry about the essay!
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Polo GT weirdness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polo GT weirdness   Polo GT weirdness EmptyWed Nov 25 2009, 21:26

could be simple but the fuel filter?
Back to top Go down
stuffing

Polo GT weirdness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polo GT weirdness   Polo GT weirdness EmptyWed Nov 25 2009, 22:05

yeah, my dad mentioned fuelling tonight... *sigh* more stuff to buy! yay! Polo GT weirdness 298631
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Polo GT weirdness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polo GT weirdness   Polo GT weirdness EmptyWed Nov 25 2009, 22:06

check the air filter while you are at it too Polo GT weirdness 51732
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Polo GT weirdness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polo GT weirdness   Polo GT weirdness EmptyFri Nov 27 2009, 09:06

any luck yet?
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Polo GT weirdness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polo GT weirdness   Polo GT weirdness EmptyFri Nov 27 2009, 11:21

could be battery, your using up what little power it has to power the lights etc.

if you say battery is ker-put then start there
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
stuffing

Polo GT weirdness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polo GT weirdness   Polo GT weirdness EmptyThu Dec 03 2009, 20:56

No joy - it's being a right pain! Polo GT weirdness 496877

I'm going to clear out the garage over the next couple of weeks and put it away until I have some motivation again - then I might just buy a 1.4 16v engine from a mk4 and put that in on bike carbs... Simplicity wins!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Polo GT weirdness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polo GT weirdness   Polo GT weirdness Empty

Back to top Go down

Polo GT weirdness
Page 1 of 1