fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our splitty's engine has died

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dub-diva

Female Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Our splitty's engine has died Empty
PostSubject: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 13:40

Mr Diva was driving to work in the splitty as per usual this morning and the engine seized whilst he was on the A1:cry: , had it towed to our local dub garage and they just called to tell us that it's proper fooked :( 1 day before the club meet AND BigBang FFS Twisted Evil

Last edited by dub-diva on Fri May 16 2008, 10:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dub-diva
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 14:58

how soon do you want an engine? My mate has a couple ready to run right now and doubt he would want massive amounts for them if you say your a friend of mine. Would get you sorted?
Back to top Go down
dub-diva

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 16:35

Well, the long block is what we need, but we might as well get a new engine Rolling Eyes we need one a.s.a.p. really, and it all depends on how much £££ he wants for one. Is there any chance of contacting your mate for us and finding out how much he wants please?

The engine was transplanted from our 1959 beetle and it was a 1600 twin carb, but a standard engine would do. Still don't quite know exactly what happened to it (it had oil in it)... somehow it just overheated and melted Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 16:37

im busy as hell tonight but want to help you out so i'll give you his number.

Tell him your from the fendubbers forum and tom hudson told you to ring him Smile. Hes got long blocks, whole engines and quite a few other bits.. basically hes got bloody EVERYTHING lol.

Oh his names Ben by the way. Lives in manea.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 16:39

oh and as regards to it burning out. Were the carbs set up properly? If they were running even a little bit lean it has a terrible affect on aircooled engines and would make it seize up easily...

Overheated on number 3 cylinder?

What type of cooling shroud is it running, dog house or non?
Back to top Go down
dub-diva

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptyThu Apr 24 2008, 17:35

the carbs were set up when it came across from the beetle, but it used to occasionally "backfire" when you turned the engine off, but it came out of the exhaust so we weren't too bothered by it. It had a mocal cooling fan, but we'd been told that it was running a bit hot... maybe it didn't have enough oil in it? Garage have not spent too much time finding the exact reason for it going wrong, as they really didn't have the time to have our splitty in their garage today. Will call your mate later on. Thanks for helping Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiz

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 08:14

hey, did you have any luck getting sorted out?
Back to top Go down
Old B'stard

Old B'stard

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptySat Apr 26 2008, 20:12

If you have no luck with Ben i have a mint 1600 twin porter, up and running, still in car . Its squeaky clean having had alot of new parts and the tinware has been blasted and painted Smile
Our splitty's engine has died Beetleeng
Back to top Go down
dub-diva

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 18:45

Tiz wrote:
hey, did you have any luck getting sorted out?

Yeah, sorry forgot to post on here - he has an engine coming in next week that might be suitable - gonna give him a ring Tues/Wed and have another chat with him.
Back to top Go down
dub-diva

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptySun Apr 27 2008, 18:46

Old B'stard wrote:
If you have no luck with Ben i have a mint 1600 twin porter, up and running, still in car . Its squeaky clean having had alot of new parts and the tinware has been blasted and painted Smile
Our splitty's engine has died Beetleeng
ooh, how much would you want for it?
Back to top Go down
dub-diva

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died EmptyFri May 16 2008, 10:40

Engine now rebuilt and running lovely Smile

Splitty up for sale :|
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our splitty's engine has died   Our splitty's engine has died Empty

Back to top Go down

Our splitty's engine has died
Page 1 of 1