HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27 2010, 16:09

or he could be after clunge carpet Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_eek Lower Jay.... Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 651561 theres nothing like picking rubber off your arches Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27 2010, 16:56

Lupton_20vt wrote:
theres nothing like picking tarmac off your subframe Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_razz

thats better Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27 2010, 16:59

haaaaaMk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

Male Number of posts : 768
Drives : Mk3 Golf Cab
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27 2010, 18:27

WeFoundThePark wrote:
only just skimmed thru the whole of your thread dude, looks much better with the VR6 splitter but personally i'd go back to no arch trims and silver wheels. looked alot 'cleaner'

interested to see where you take it tho, any closer to choosing a colour?

what sort of clunge are you after?

also, i forgot i had a brand new, factory primed MK3.5 cabriolet rear bumper in the studio. not sure how much work is involved getting it to fit yours but if you wanna give it a go i'll hook you up.

Cheers dude, the arch trims are only on as i bought it with a slight dent on an arch and i just wanted it to look tidier....they are not a long term thing, as are black wheels Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_evil

3.5 rear would mean having to smooth the boot but i don't want that as i want cleaner lines but not too ott with smoothing, colour however is still here or there but i do love the colour as it is but see ones i 'want' everyday!

And just some tidy female clunge lol

max wrote:
WeFoundThePark wrote:

the female sort? Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_lol

looking good jay, about time you dropped this on its arse dont you think? Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 651561

Coilies are next on the list...so hopefully watch this space
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptySun May 02 2010, 18:51

max wrote:
WeFoundThePark wrote:

the female sort? Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_lol

looking good jay, about time you dropped this on its arse dont you think? Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 651561

Lupton_20vt wrote:
or he could be after clunge carpet Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_eek Lower Jay.... Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 651561 theres nothing like picking rubber off your arches Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_razz

Won some FK Coilovers a few minutes ago....hopefully be with me by the end of next week!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptySat May 08 2010, 06:53

Coilovers won't be here until next week...paypal is a bender FML Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 496877
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptySun May 09 2010, 22:00

So as there were no lowerings this weekend i decided i'd lower a few bits inside the car!!!

Gearknob was shortened by an inch but will probably hack off another inch next weekend....

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 P100508_192011

Also fitted some 6n2 polo door locking pins...
will completely shorten them so they sit flush when locked next week also i guess...

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 P100508_192028

And after rubbing down bike fairings for what seemed like an age i started on my new front bumper...

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 P100509_211701

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptySun May 09 2010, 22:05

those bike fairings sound s**t? lol looking good dude Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 680462
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyMon May 17 2010, 23:06

After what has seemed like forever (2 weeks to be precise) my coilovers finlly arrived at Jim's this morning...happy days!!!

So hopefully will get them fitted at the weekend Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_lol

Should also be picking up some bumpers and will work out what smoothings i want to do which is proving to be a pain as i can be rather indicisive!

Also had some luck and have a few hundred to play with on the car so will treat it to a service and some sounds...maybe even a few more parts to add to the respray part pile...this and maybe a nice del on some parts for refurbing should have me grinning like a chesire at the weekend!!

That's all folks!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WeFoundThePark

Male Number of posts : 425
Drives : Low. Parks: Just as Low.
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:01

is it low yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.betrayyourprinciples.co.uk/
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:05

WeFoundThePark wrote:
is it low yet?

Should be at the weekend homeslice!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:08

i wanna see that ass dragging.

and pictures of you car lowered too.
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:09

WeFoundThePark wrote:
i wanna see that ass dragging.

and pictures of you car lowered too.

I need vento splitter like yours...any ideas where i can get one??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:15

i think they came standard on, ah yeah thats it, vento's?

do you think you can get low enough to warrant a shallower splitter, i dont mean that in a funny way just thinking about your sills? they're alot lower than mine as standard. the VR splitter helps keep things looking even on cabriolets imo.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:17

johnny is right the sills will sit way lower than a vento lip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:25

Just worried about my splitter falling off...i'll just self tap it on, yeah i know about the sill to splitter level hence why i was after a vr splitter for so long...12 self tapping screws should keep it sturdy!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:27

the tabs on pattern splitters are notoriously bad, drill it and self tapper it in place and you wont have to worry about it falling off.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyTue May 18 2010, 22:40

thats what i did with my splitter, drilled holes in the body panels and splitter then 6 hench nut and bolts, some cable ties, never fell off after, was haggard though Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptySun May 23 2010, 00:21

Right....coilovers are on finally!!!

But not without hassle and grief thrown in for good measure, so we start......

Thursday:
Me being impatient i wanted to get them on asap...so we start with the rears and after a few hours of not being entirely (barely) clued up the rears were fitted BUT i managed to put a different theaded bolt on the top and a mount upside down...FAILMk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 496877

After nearly 4 hours...running out of smokes and a frayed temper we called it a day..or something would have got smashed/even more broken by me!!!

But thanks Ash,Jim and Ant for the help/lolling and "it'll bee worth it in the end" comments!! Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 128807

Friday:

Take the car over to Guys, have a chat and some grub and set to work on them...basically one of the fonts has seized adjustable rings...these were fought with a blow torch/wd40 and brute force to no avail on one side...te other side did go eventually but had to be put at the same height as the seized one....i also managed to drop one on my leg...Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 298631

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 P100521_200041

Ouch!

They were all bolted on and a spare nut was put on the rears and they were tightened up...massive thanks to guy for fitting them and his patience Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_biggrin

So to sum it up this is how it sits for now...

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 P100522_124005

It's lower than it was and the comfort of the FK's realy has suprised me how good it is and it feels better round the corners too..i need to order some new adjustable rings so if anybody knows where i can get some from just say...when i get them they will all be taken off cleaned up and have new rings fitted.

Also started to introduce areas of paintwork to a Mr P.180 today...mwahahahaha!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptySun May 23 2010, 20:09

I think for adjuster rings you just need to find someone who sells FK stuff like Venom should be able to get hold of some for you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptySun May 23 2010, 20:44

much better dude Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 51732

Whats the plan for the paint then? A full respray or just some parts done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptySun May 23 2010, 21:25

Ian83 wrote:
I think for adjuster rings you just need to find someone who sells FK stuff like Venom should be able to get hold of some for you

Cheers dude....will look into it this week

max wrote:
much better dude Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 51732

Whats the plan for the paint then? A full respray or just some parts done?

Yeah Max, new paint and a few ther nice bits i'm gathering for it at the moment Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WeFoundThePark

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyMon May 24 2010, 08:51

lowered cars look better. fact.

i'm not sure if they'll fit but i just so happen to have a pair of adjuster locking platforms kicking about, they're from my hottuning / raceland coilovers but you maybe be lucky and have the same thread and spring size? you can have them for free, cos i'm nice like that.

this is them

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 DSCF6205

i'll put them in the glovebox now so i remember to bring them to the meet
Back to top Go down
Pistacheuro

Pistacheuro

Male Number of posts : 1343
Drives : '95 6N.
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyMon May 24 2010, 22:31

Looking good dropped Jay.

Inspiration for you possibly..

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Dsc0022w
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 EmptyMon May 24 2010, 22:37

Pistacheuro wrote:
Looking good dropped Jay.

Inspiration for you possibly..

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Dsc0022w

Bar a few changes that's pretty much the image i had in my head Rob...thanks!!

Will hopefully look something along those lines by Edition38!!

And cheers Jonny...if they work it'll mean i can atleast drop the front more!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.   Mk3 Golf Cab - The End. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mk3 Golf Cab - The End.
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next