fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Softly softly catchy monkey?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Softly softly catchy monkey? Empty
PostSubject: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 21:53

Ok now i've got your attention, i need help on tyre sizes.

Got meself a lovely set of 16" banded Beetle steels.
In a lovely cream colour (Steph's gonna hate me til i get them resprayed...).
All wheels are 8.5" wide.

Anyways, they're running some lovely tractor-ish 225/55/16 tyres.
I'm looking at getting a bit of stretch on the go, but something that i can cope with all the time, as this is my daily so im gonna need it to be appropriate enough to deal with every day.

I was looking at 205/45/16's, but they dont have an exciting amount of stretch.
Was also looking at 195/45/16's, but dont know if this is going to cause me any problems day-to-day.

So yeah, need the stretch for when i lower the car more (got some serious poke at the moment, and dont want major scrubbage!) so they dont destroy themselves on the arches.

Anyone got any ideas?
I looked on tyrestretch.com, but they dont have many examples for 8.5" x 16" wheels (2 to be precise).
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 21:56

i didnt know you spoke spanish?

id go with the 205s fella 195 will be too much and it will handle like poop Softly softly catchy monkey? 298631 but its up to you. Its like a big version of stephs car Softly softly catchy monkey? Lol
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 22:03

Lupton_20vt wrote:
i didnt know you spoke spanish?

id go with the 205s fella 195 will be too much and it will handle like poop Softly softly catchy monkey? 298631 but its up to you. Its like a big version of stephs car Softly softly catchy monkey? Lol

Haha, classic!
Was waiting for someone to get the line.
Inbetweeners and Gareth Keenan ftw!

But yeah, i see your point.
The 195's do look nice with the lup bulging, but probably not very practical.
205's are probably gonna be the better option. Softly softly catchy monkey? 51732

And yeah, careful how you phrase that. She wouldnt like it if someone said it the other way around (in fact she'd hang me from my balls). Softly softly catchy monkey? Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 22:07

Softly softly catchy monkey? Lol inbetweeners is the don im off to see simon bird (WILL) at the corn exchange this month Softly softly catchy monkey? 51732 but yea think the 205s are the right shout i gotta work out what to put on mu 18x10s Softly softly catchy monkey? 651561
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 22:10

Got 205s on my 8.5 porshce splits only because they dont do 195s in 18. theres a lil bit of stretch but if you have a rim protector tyre like mine it looks like nothing. if you need clearnence for the poke id go with the 195/45 m8.

i run the stretch on the back of my audi all the time on the shittest bumpiest roads imaginable at quite silly speeds and had no problem. Ive gone and jinxed myself now aint it lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 22:14

Softly softly catchy monkey? Lol all the roads are round yours matty is straight, bumpy as fook and lead into a big stream Softly softly catchy monkey? Icon_razz i am seriously surprised your audi doesnt scrape though Softly softly catchy monkey? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 22:22

It does Razz just turn the music up.

its all about scraping stuff on the road and not on you arches Wink
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 22:40

fair play sorry to hi jack your thread stampers what coilovers is your ausi on avos?
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 22:57

Na APs, they dont go low enough for me. but theyll do for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 23:07

Lupton_20vt wrote:
fair play sorry to hi jack your thread stampers what coilovers is your ausi on avos?

No probs mate.

And yeah, i see your point Matty.
Arghh, choices choices.
Stupid thing is, the 195's are cheaper but the 205's are easier to get hold of!?

I'll just see what my mate has in store at his garage, then chuck out the dollar.
Should be nice, fun, and.....expensive... Softly softly catchy monkey? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyTue Oct 06 2009, 20:12

Stampers wrote:
Ok now i've got your attention, i need help on tyre sizes.

Got meself a lovely set of 16" banded Beetle steels.
In a lovely cream colour (Steph's gonna hate me til i get them resprayed...).
All wheels are 8.5" wide.

Anyways, they're running some lovely tractor-ish 225/55/16 tyres.
I'm looking at getting a bit of stretch on the go, but something that i can cope with all the time, as this is my daily so im gonna need it to be appropriate enough to deal with every day.

I was looking at 205/45/16's, but they dont have an exciting amount of stretch.
Was also looking at 195/45/16's, but dont know if this is going to cause me any problems day-to-day.

So yeah, need the stretch for when i lower the car more (got some serious poke at the moment, and dont want major scrubbage!) so they dont destroy themselves on the arches.

Anyone got any ideas?
I looked on tyrestretch.com, but they dont have many examples for 8.5" x 16" wheels (2 to be precise).

are you sure?im sure there 215/55/16's.
yes i no im sad but have taken them on and off with you 2or 3 times since saturday!
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyWed Oct 07 2009, 09:38

205 should be about right

this is a 195/45/16 on an 8j

Softly softly catchy monkey? IMG_7131

205's on an 8.5 should be the same amount of stretch(ish)
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? EmptyWed Oct 07 2009, 10:53

It all depends on what make tyres you go for. they all strecth very different. my toyo 205/40s not look any more stretched than the 215/40 falkens that was on them before, but do give slightly more clearance because of the smaller sidewall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Softly softly catchy monkey?   Softly softly catchy monkey? Empty

Back to top Go down

Softly softly catchy monkey?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: The Garage :: Wheels and Tyres-
Jump to: