fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! Empty
PostSubject: HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!   HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! EmptySun Oct 04 2009, 23:27

Ok, so I was driving my Mk4 earlier, and the Engine Management light came on... HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! Kopfschuettel

The car seems to be running fine, but obviously one of the sensors knows there's a problem.

Anyone know somebody local to Cambridge that could do a VAGCOM diagnostic for a bit of cash for me? Not too much mind.
Otherwise I've gotta fork out £45 just for my local garage to do it. Then there's labour costs on top if its something serious.
And as I use my car as a daily, I don't really have a choice but to get it looked at.

Any help urgently appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!   HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 07:34

try leaving you battery off overnight it will reset the ecu as it were. May just sort it other than that ill put good money on either your maf or crank position sensors have died.
Back to top Go down
onlyady

onlyady

Male Number of posts : 577
Drives : 88 Caddy Diesel,
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!   HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 08:32

If you dont get sorted I have a snap on data scanner you can pop round and we can plug it on I am in Bluntisham actually didnt you want them door cards aswell
Back to top Go down
tyeness

tyeness

Male Number of posts : 595
Drives : about once a week
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!   HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 10:54

As another option, Tinklers have also have Snap On scanner, and Auto Data, so could be worth giving them a bell?

Mat
Back to top Go down
adam@adsutton

Male Number of posts : 4
Drives : Porsche 928 s2
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!   HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 17:27

Feel free to pop in if you are near March at all in the next few days. We have the factory VCDS system (VAGCOM), amongst others & the genuine VW factory manuals & parts catalogue. I'm charging £5.00+VAT for a plug in for Fendubbers members & FOC plug ins if we do the work for you. We also stock most fast moving stuff for MK4s such as air mass sensors, ECT sensors & brake switches. If someone else scans it for you though & you get a fault code relating to fuel trim give me a call, 01354661122 as we've had two not so obvious ones of those lately which could lead you up the garden path.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!   HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 21:36

Well, the light was still on this morning when i went to work at 8.30.

The i left work at 4.30, and the light had gone off! HOORAY! HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! Icon_cheers

Dunno what the problem is, but i've had a read around and a lot of people say it can be anything from the pointless of sensors, to blower fans getting stuck. I was gonna try Chris's method tonight, and then give Ady a buzz if there was no luck, but its all gravy now! HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! 51732

I'll definately keep your number at hand Adam, just in case any future roblems (and i'm sure there will be some, happen to arise.

Cheers to all for the help! HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! Icon_surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!   HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! EmptyMon Oct 05 2009, 21:38

glad to hear fella theres always one sensor on mk4s breaking etc HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! Icon_lol and lols at your sig HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! 51732 they look rude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!   HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP!! VAGCOM Diagnostics needed!!!
Page 1 of 1