fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for advice on an engine conversion..

Go down 
+8
billybug
matty_mk1
bridgedubber
VW Mike
CaddyRage
onlyady
Tiz
Ashley
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hasekna

hasekna

Male Number of posts : 254
Drives : a lot
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Looking for advice on an engine conversion.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on an engine conversion..   Looking for advice on an engine conversion.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24 2009, 13:12

Tiz wrote:
getting a full car will definately be your best way dude, the PD conversion isnt widely covered so if im honest i think you may struggle, i considered a 2.0 16v tdi from the new leons into a mk2 after i stacked the leon but in the end i decided i honestly didnt have the knowledge or the will power to see it through. it WILL take a lot of time and it WILL take a lot of money. Im a firm believer that you can do anything with a little help from other people and the internet is a very powerful tool. I knew nothing about cars and i havent done any courses or been taught by anybody i learned everything myself by getting stuck in. Sure i made tons of mistakes along the way, wasted a lot of money and broke a lot of things trying to do it myself but its the only way to learn by having a go. Im sure theres plenty of people willing to give you a hand on the weekends etc(me included) if you need any help.

Hmmmm that was quite a bit of rambling and probably means nothing lol

He speaks the truth. The amount you can learn by trawling the forums is staggering, if your prepared to sit for hours on end reading threads lol!
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on an engine conversion..   Looking for advice on an engine conversion.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24 2009, 18:21

Cheers for the offer tom

I think im going to have to do a ton of research. Judging by this link; http://www.dubforce.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15880 I'm going to have a lot of help, but even what seem like the little things like which way the air intake faces are going to have to be thought of..

This isn't going to be done any time soon. I reckon this time next year's more realistic

The 6 speed 02T box is something I think i'm going to pass up, think I'll go for a 02A like Lee suggested.

I'll get cracking with the old pen and paper then Looking for advice on an engine conversion.. - Page 2 51732
Back to top Go down
RS4Paul

RS4Paul

Male Number of posts : 185
Drives : vw T5 ,new Tiguan, RS4 B5
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on an engine conversion..   Looking for advice on an engine conversion.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24 2009, 18:26

My old seat alhambra had the pd130 remapped to 150 would wheel spin in second and on a rolling start pulled away from 2.0l petrol bmw's and it was a big old bus but great fun as no one was expecting it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice on an engine conversion..   Looking for advice on an engine conversion.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice on an engine conversion..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2