fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP NEEDED PLEASE......

Go down 
+6
bridgedubber
max
billybug
matty_mk1
cabrio19
s-jay1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
s-jay1

s-jay1

Male Number of posts : 187
Drives : MK2 Golf GTI
Registration date : 2009-05-23

HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... Empty
PostSubject: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 22:55

right the other day i got some 15x7 ATS cups in black HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... 51732 , couldent be bothered with looking for just the right stretch so got some 205/50's put on. lokks awsome but ive got a bit of scrubbing on the rear and need it sorted as soon as and for no money.

ideas so far are

1) offer my 205/50 for a swap with some 195/50
2) put a bit of cmber on which i cant do myself
3) find a way of raising the back of my car about an inch

please help, any advice or help will be apppreciated
Back to top Go down
cabrio19

cabrio19

Male Number of posts : 250
Drives : mk2 gti 8v
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 22:56

or just sell me the wheels!!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 22:59

Are your rear arches standard? do you have arch trims on not?

Personally the tyre is to big for that size rim, but if you cant afford to change them maybe roll the rear aches abit if its only slighly catching if its lots theres not much oyu can do really other than change them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
s-jay1

s-jay1

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 23:08

yeah arches are standard with trim.

debated for ages wheather to go for handeling or the stretch, should have gone for the stretch HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... 298631

i have no idea where to begin when rolling arches HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... Icon_question
Back to top Go down
cabrio19

cabrio19

Male Number of posts : 250
Drives : mk2 gti 8v
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 23:11

to be honest mate, your cheaper option is smaller tyres, width and height. i'd try and find out exactly how much you need to go first.

if you've got plastic arches then rolling them would be a nightmare with having to take them off.

the other thing to do is get the inner lips copped off. thats what i did with my cabby when i had it.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 23:23

Well havein the trim actually would make your life abit easyer but cuz they will come up andy unsightly bits Wink

Old skool way to roll you arches is find abit of pipe/bar slightly bigger then you can fit between arch and tyre. get a m8 to hold against the tyre at the back and drive forward very slowly, and repeat several times. might give you the room you need. couldnt say without seeing it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 03:55

mine and my brothers choice we would hammer the hell out of the arches Very Happy
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 08:45

billybug wrote:
mine and my brothers choice we would hammer the hell out of the arches HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... Icon_biggrin

agreed
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 08:47

dont know if this will work for you but ive known/seen people use rubber inserts in the rear springs to stop scrubbing

officially the things are for when towing trailers and caravans, to keep the back of the car up.

these could help as they wont allow your springs so much movement. you can find them at halfords etc.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 10:31

ive got a pair of nearly new 195/50s you can have for £35 if you want them mate HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... 51732
Back to top Go down
s-jay1

s-jay1

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 15:41

cheers for all the suggestions

Quote :
ive got a pair of nearly new 195/50s you can have for £35 if you want them mate HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... 51732

if i go for smaller tyres i will need 4, im not having a stretch on the back and not on the front.

Quote :
dont know if this will work for you but ive known/seen people use rubber inserts in the rear springs to stop scrubbing

this sounds like the best idea to me so far.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 18:23

bridgedubber wrote:

officially the things are for when towing trailers and caravans, to keep the back of the car up.

these could help as they wont allow your springs so much movement. you can find them at halfords etc.

bumpstops i think there called HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... 460227
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 18:35

i thought they was called coil spring assisters?
Back to top Go down
Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 18:40

yer people use them when pulling heavy trailers etc
Back to top Go down
s-jay1

s-jay1

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 21:19

do they raise the suspension, or stop it from compacting?
Back to top Go down
MoonlightCustoms

Male Number of posts : 65
Drives : Syncro pick up
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... EmptySat Sep 19 2009, 08:17

matty_mk1 wrote:
Old skool way to roll you arches is find abit of pipe/bar slightly bigger then you can fit between arch and tyre. get a m8 to hold against the tyre at the back and drive forward very slowly, and repeat several times. might give you the room you need. couldnt say without seeing it.

I still roll all my arches like that, if your carfull and with small jumps in the tube size you will be able to completly flaten the return lip with out damaging the paintHELP NEEDED PLEASE...... 51732 From pased fu*k ups its just as easy to push the car backward and foward than to drive itHELP NEEDED PLEASE...... Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED PLEASE......   HELP NEEDED PLEASE...... Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED PLEASE......
Page 1 of 1