fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

urgent help please!

Go down 
+3
chubby353
Lupton_20vt
max
7 posters
AuthorMessage
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

urgent help please! Empty
PostSubject: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 08:50

right i have a loose connection on the positive part of the battery in my mk3 gti. every now and then it comes loose and my car dies, so i have to pop the hood and the shake the terminal.

any way, this happened to me last night in tescos car park, so i jumped out shook the connection and every thing came back on. BUT all 3 of my left hand indicators stay on, sometimes clicking, most of the time constant and sometimes they turn off for 5 seconds or so. My right ones still work as normal and if i put the indicator stalk to the left it becomes constant again (if its in the flashing it will go to constant)

Ive checked all the fuses under the steering wheel and there all fine, but i can hear a distant clicking noise from behind the steering colum. Im thinking it might be a faulty ground.

if anyone has any info or knolage on this it would be so helpful as i have to drive 180 miles (down to and around london) tomorrow for work.

cheers,

max
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 08:52

max wrote:
right i have a loose connection on the positive part of the battery in my mk3 gti. every now and then it comes loose and my car dies, so i have to pop the hood and the shake the terminal.

any way, this happened to me last night in tescos car park, so i jumped out shook the connection and every thing came back on. BUT all 3 of my left hand indicators stay on, sometimes clicking, most of the time constant and sometimes they turn off for 5 seconds or so. My right ones still work as normal and if i put the indicator stalk to the left it becomes constant again (if its in the flashing it will go to constant)

Ive checked all the fuses under the steering wheel and there all fine, but i can hear a distant clicking noise from behind the steering colum. Im thinking it might be a faulty ground.

if anyone has any info or knolage on this it would be so helpful as i have to drive 180 miles (down to and around london) tomorrow for work.

cheers,

max

i think your right saying its a faulty ground ill pop down tonight and have a look if you like?
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 09:12

may also be your indicator relay on its last legs max...
Back to top Go down
max

max

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 09:35

Lupton_20vt wrote:

i think your right saying its a faulty ground ill pop down tonight and have a look if you like?

if you want i just need to sort it before work tomorrow

Lupton_20vt wrote:
may also be your indicator relay on its last legs max...

na the relay controls both sides so it wouldnt be that. heard it could be the stalk, il try taking it out and spraying some wd40 in it.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 09:36

when do you finish tonight? btw possibly getting cod 5 today lol urgent help please! 128807
Back to top Go down
max

max

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 10:00

Lupton_20vt wrote:
when do you finish tonight? btw possibly getting cod 5 today lol urgent help please! 128807

lol your addicted hard mate, if i fix my car im feeling nazi zombies over live tonight Wink. but first you have to give me my game back Razz

erm give me half an hour to chill, so call it 6pm ?
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 10:41

yea haha just been to get my copy now...yea sounds good man orr we could just play it at mine or yours over live surely?
Back to top Go down
chubby353

chubby353

Male Number of posts : 879
Drives : black bmw e36 on splits
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 12:00

yeah check ya earth strap mate and u play 360 or ps3 if its xbox add us chubby332 zombies is the bollocks lol urgent help please! 51732
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 13:04

chubby353 wrote:
yeah check ya earth strap mate and u play 360 or ps3 if its xbox add us chubby332 zombies is the bollocks lol urgent help please! 51732

added ya fella christoff2256 urgent help please! 51732
Back to top Go down
max

max

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 13:10

chubby353 wrote:

where is the earth strap mate?

il add you when i get home from work mate. urgent help please! 460227
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 13:12

right of the neg terminal of you better max urgent help please! 51732
Back to top Go down
max

max

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 13:15

ahh i always assumed that was called the battery earth. doubt its that otherwise id have more problems then just the indicators
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 14:11

i has this problem on my mk2 some how sorted its self out like it usally did haha
Back to top Go down
hasekna

hasekna

Male Number of posts : 254
Drives : a lot
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 14:12

Yea i'd check ya earth strap ect. Also have you tried removing the battery terminal and leave it off for 10-20 mins then put it back on, might reset itself? I know on mk2's if ya piss around with the battery somtimes the gauges dont work at all, mfa goes berserk ect, could be a similar thing?
Back to top Go down
max

max

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyWed Sep 16 2009, 14:57

hasekna wrote:
Yea i'd check ya earth strap ect. Also have you tried removing the battery terminal and leave it off for 10-20 mins then put it back on, might reset itself? I know on mk2's if ya piss around with the battery somtimes the gauges dont work at all, mfa goes berserk ect, could be a similar thing?

i left it off about 10 hours last night and every times ive parked up today (because it still flashes when my cars off so it would drain the battery)
Back to top Go down
MoonlightCustoms

Male Number of posts : 65
Drives : Syncro pick up
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 07:59

check if the relay is earthed properly.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 14:04

we checked that last night fella urgent help please! Icon_lol got a new relay today so well see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
STRASSE KRIEGER

STRASSE KRIEGER

Male Number of posts : 204
Drives : MK3 GOLF
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 14:38

i'm not sure how it would have happened mate but just check theres no moisture on the fuse and relay board or on any electrics around it may be that also have you pass any power cables close to where the idicator circuit runs as it might be that or a standard live rubbing next to the live for the indicator circuit ????

not sure really mate bit of a hard one with out taking a look but seems like something is bridging the indicator circuit or just bridging power to the one side like you said doubt its the relay but if youve been cuttin speaker wire etc near the stork a peice of wire may be bridging something sound like waters got in somewhere somehow to be honest try wakin the heaters on full if all else fails i guess worth a shoturgent help please! 51732.

hope this helps i'll try and do a bit off reseach for ya and have a think about iturgent help please! Icon_biggrin

Gal
Back to top Go down
STRASSE KRIEGER

STRASSE KRIEGER

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 14:45

STRASSE KRIEGER wrote:
also have you pass any power cables close to where the idicator circuit runs as it might be that

what i mean is if youve ran a power cable for an amp it may have rubbed against plastic and be earthing through the one side of the indicator circuit long shot but it does sometimes happen????

more likely a couple of standard cable have rubbed bare and there touching one live and one somewhere along the indicator circuit or moisture in the stork or a broken contact or sumin.urgent help please! Lol

cheers
gal
Back to top Go down
max

max

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyThu Sep 17 2009, 15:15

took out the stalk last night, cleaned it, doused it in w40 so its not sticking, checked the bell housing earth, cleaned that up, checked the earth under the battery tray and cleaned it up.

its got to be the relay, if not then im stumped urgent help please! Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
max

max

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptyFri Sep 18 2009, 10:37

billybug wrote:
i has this problem on my mk2 some how sorted its self out like it usally did haha
mines magically sorted its self out and all ! urgent help please! Icon_scratch

god knows how, i love vws! urgent help please! 51732
Back to top Go down
STRASSE KRIEGER

STRASSE KRIEGER

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptySat Sep 19 2009, 16:19

lol nice one mate might have just been an internally conection problem in the stork or sumin and the wd needed a while to work its magic ohwell atleast its sorted itself out urgent help please! Icon_biggrin maybe it was the pixie people??

glad its fixed any how mateurgent help please! 51732
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! EmptySat Sep 19 2009, 16:43

max wrote:
billybug wrote:
mines magically sorted its self out and all ! urgent help please! Icon_scratch

god knows how, i love vws! urgent help please! 51732

best thing about vws they fix them selfs.

most of the problems i had with the car it sorted its self out haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: urgent help please!   urgent help please! Empty

Back to top Go down

urgent help please!
Page 1 of 1