fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
STRASSE KRIEGER

STRASSE KRIEGER

Male Number of posts : 204
Drives : MK3 GOLF
Registration date : 2009-06-10

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB Empty
PostSubject: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptySun Sep 13 2009, 20:56

Hi there guys,
right lol just wondering if anyone else has had trouble registering on to the mk2 golf owners club??? looks really good lots of handy info, members etc but when i registered they sent an activation link and when i clicked it a fake windows look drive explorer type internet page came up to make it look like it was scanning for viruses lol to make it worse i hit the link again to see what would happen this time avg flashed up saying it was a virus etc.

this is the rough name of it:: best-virus-scanner5.com/ (cant remember this bit sorry)

so basically there link is virus contaminated as far as i can tell maybe its and ongoing problem they've got or maybe they dont even know lol either way i dont think i registered properly because of this so if anyone knows the guys who run the site ask them about it and get back to me please.

cheers
Gal
Back to top Go down
cabrio19

cabrio19

Male Number of posts : 250
Drives : mk2 gti 8v
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptySun Sep 13 2009, 22:47

yh i had this when i had an e-mail. i clicked the link and the virus came up. it said the ip address and the location was birmingham!! i clicked the link a second time after i restarted the computer and it work fine so whether its just some scammers fcuking around or something. its a good site though.
Back to top Go down
STRASSE KRIEGER

STRASSE KRIEGER

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptySun Sep 13 2009, 22:52

yeah looks the bollox of a site but everytime i click that link avg pops its head up so sumin aint right there i recognised the virus scan type screen i see it once before on my mates computer you might wanna run avg free on your computer mate its a brilliant program for nothing gets you out of alot of shite.

thanks for the reply mate.
cheers
Gal
Back to top Go down
cabrio19

cabrio19

Male Number of posts : 250
Drives : mk2 gti 8v
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptySun Sep 13 2009, 22:56

yh i quickly switched my computer off when it came up coz it took me by surprise a bit. i don't click the links on my e-mails anymore i just go to the forums to see any replies.
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptyMon Sep 14 2009, 00:41

the only problem i had when i went on there is that i got nothing but abuse Razz
Back to top Go down
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

Male Number of posts : 470
Drives : 205 gti 1.9..defected to the darkside!!!
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptyMon Sep 14 2009, 07:51

that's cos you don't have an oak green valver with rm's!!! In all honesty I found it to be a good forum. there is a lot of usefull info on their and some very knowledgable members too. Not sure about that virus thing though, has anybody who is already registered told their mods?
Back to top Go down
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

Male Number of posts : 599
Drives : 83 MK1, Octavia Workhorse and general chum's carrier pigeon
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptyMon Sep 14 2009, 18:22

happened to me this weekend and had to virus clean my computer.....ARSE!!!!!!!

good site though
Back to top Go down
STRASSE KRIEGER

STRASSE KRIEGER

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptyMon Sep 14 2009, 20:01

lol to be honest i'm glad it wasnt just me has anyone told them?? as i cant register anddont feel good about switching off my security to do it i can sort the old computech out afterwards i suppose but its not the point i'd keep worrying about going on there lol
Back to top Go down
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

Male Number of posts : 470
Drives : 205 gti 1.9..defected to the darkside!!!
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptyMon Sep 14 2009, 21:24

is it still doing it? if so i'm already registered and can let them know about it?
Back to top Go down
STRASSE KRIEGER

STRASSE KRIEGER

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB EmptyTue Sep 15 2009, 12:32

yeah let them know if you would mate as it seems to be a common thing and i'm sure its putting a few people off shame looks like a good site really
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB   HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB Empty

Back to top Go down

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE MK2 GOLF OWNERS CLUB
Page 1 of 1