fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aug cambs meet

Go down 
+26
polo steph
HOOLIGAN
haddock_n_chips
MarkGTX
sjc
todd
ratlook_ping
chubby353
roguetrooper
mk3golfcab
lee
james.
Stampers
jimmymidnight
jim-uk16
bramley
martinb
caddyman
Whitegt
nelds
Ashley
matty_mk1
cupra16vgeezer
max
billybug
CaddyRage
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Aug cambs meet - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 11:29

I best turn up earlier if its my job to go round seeing all the newbies then lol.

If you see my earlier post, you'll notice i said i spent so much time chatting to newbies that i did'nt even get chance to have a play with my camera.

Its not no ones job! you just mingle in. Maybe you and hooligan are Shy!, i dont know scratch

As matty says, peeps have more than 1 car, last month you'd have seen a 50/50 mix of old and new. Just the way each month goes i guess.

Old skool rules anyway dint ya know Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 11:35

Constructive feedback is always good, but when its all negatives it has an adverse effect.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

Male Number of posts : 599
Drives : 83 MK1, Octavia Workhorse and general chum's carrier pigeon
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 12:03

ooooooooh its all getting a little bitchy here isn't it???
i for one was a "newbie" last night and yes not everyone came up and talked to me but then i didn't talk to everyone, so you have a tongue in your mouth and you supposedly have a common interest in all things VeeDub!!
as Caddyrage and myself and a few others mentioned maybe a location change (possibly a pub or the like) with a bit of seating and warmth would be possible, seeing as our summer has died a death and the dark nights will soon be upon us.
bitchin is boring peeps and wont help improve anything,

so who's up for a silent trip to players???? i'm not talking to anyone though!!!
Back to top Go down
jim-uk16

jim-uk16

Male Number of posts : 599
Drives : 83 MK1, Octavia Workhorse and general chum's carrier pigeon
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 12:07

P.P. found my arch on the M11 this morning and its not trashed..Good Times!!!!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 12:12

jim-uk16 wrote:

so who's up for a silent trip to players???? i'm not talking to anyone though!!!

Yeah im up for that, ill be to busy detailign anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 12:43

matty_mk1 wrote:
jim-uk16 wrote:

Yeah im up for that, ill be to busy detailign anyway Razz

count me in for that Sleep
Back to top Go down
sjc

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 12:50

i couldn't make it to this by the time i got home it was pissing down in norwich didn't fancy driving up to an empty car park lol but by all acounts it was a good meet have to get out of work earlier next time/Laughing
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 12:55

The fella with the grey caddy came from norwich, forgot his bloody name now though. You coulda convoyed with him Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 13:11

bramley came from norwich too, in the white caddy with the painted up bonnet
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 13:12

MarkGTX wrote:
bramley came from norwich too, in the white caddy with the painted up bonnet

Oh yeah, forgot about bramley Smile
Back to top Go down
chubby353

chubby353

Male Number of posts : 879
Drives : black bmw e36 on splits
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 13:21

people saying about newbies i was new never ben to meets but i met loads of people jus made my self clear who i was not that hard is it and i didnt talk to everyone
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 14:14

trouble is not everyone gets to every meet (i certainly dont due to work etc) so when i do there are always a lot of new faces. When i do go i normally always speak to the people i know first but always seem to meet 1 or 2 people i have not met before every meet. It would difficult to get round and speak to everyone, especially when cars keep coming and going! Dont be put off if it was your first meet, everyone (who i've met!Aug cambs meet - Page 4 Icon_geek) is really friendly yet there are still other long standing members who i have not met yet.

Aug cambs meet - Page 4 898629
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 14:36

i was there, was a good meet, i haddent been in ages and ppls were welcome and there were a lot of newer cars, mk4's and my skoda lol
Back to top Go down
HOOLIGAN

Male Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 15:17

CaddyRage wrote:
I best turn up earlier if its my job to go round seeing all the newbies then lol.

If you see my earlier post, you'll notice i said i spent so much time chatting to newbies that i did'nt even get chance to have a play with my camera.

Its not no ones job! you just mingle in. Maybe you and hooligan are Shy!, i dont know scratch

As matty says, peeps have more than 1 car, last month you'd have seen a 50/50 mix of old and new. Just the way each month goes i guess.

Old skool rules anyway dint ya know Thumbs up

wtf SHY!!! me??? no way lol
Back to top Go down
nicole

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 15:20

if im bitching why have you lot gone to all the trouble of putting faces to rides?
i wasnt bitching just saying what i thought, i see that me saying some bits has made u lot do the Faces to rides which is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
mark-1vw

mark-1vw

Male Number of posts : 1234
Drives : ^^THE ABOVE ^^
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 15:25

jim-uk16 wrote:
ooooooooh its all getting a little bitchy here isn't it???
i for one was a "newbie" last night and yes not everyone came up and talked to me but then i didn't talk to everyone, so you have a tongue in your mouth and you supposedly have a common interest in all things VeeDub!!
as Caddyrage and myself and a few others mentioned maybe a location change (possibly a pub or the like) with a bit of seating and warmth would be possible, seeing as our summer has died a death and the dark nights will soon be upon us.
bitchin is boring peeps and wont help improve anything,

exactly,people should mingle.old skool or new wave does it matter Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
sjc

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 16:02

i take it this is a monthly affair.
i'll be there next month.
don't now a grey caddy in norwich but i will next month i guess
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 16:57

i have to say the best bit of the meet, was watching the chav fall off his ped lol!
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 17:54

I've been to about 7 meets now and only managed to meet about 4 or 5 people.. I'm hoping the faces to rides thread will help this though Thumbs up

It was a good meet and there are definitely a lot of different cars every month
Back to top Go down
james.

james.

Male Number of posts : 719
Drives : bmw 740
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 18:00

Ive been a member on here for quite a while now but was the first cambs meet ive been able to go to cos of work... i thought it was good Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
mark-1vw

mark-1vw

Male Number of posts : 1234
Drives : ^^THE ABOVE ^^
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 18:03

ive been going for about a year and still hav'ent met everbody, but still meet new people every time
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 18:46

I'm gonna be neutrally biased here...

I thought it was a good meet.
My first in fact (well, with a dub anyhow).

I can see [insert name here]'s point of view as in people were talking amongst themselves, like in seperate groups. But I can understand that as you have mates and acquaintances, and generally the first thing you do is speak to your mates to catch up and whatnot. You wouldn't go straight up to strangers, running around and chatting to everyone and anyone.

I didnt really speak to anyone who I hadn't met before. Mark (MarkGTX), Liam (Mk3golfcab), Bramley, and the two guys with the beemers are all my mates so I was catching up with them last night. I know Matty through Mark so said a quick hello to him after he'd been mauled by everyone wanting to see his Mk2. Lovely btw mate! Didn't even see Jimmy all night :( And its kinda hard to hide a Benz!

But yeah, good turnout in my opinion, and sorry for not intorducing myself to anyone. Hopefully have a chance to drink and chat sh!t with you all at E38 Twisted Evil

PS *My dub was the black Mk4 GTI, in front of the wicked lookin Polo on the white banded's. And cheers to Caddyrage for bringin the FD stickers. My mate picked a couple up off you so now reppin the FD proud Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
lee

lee

Male Number of posts : 401
Drives : mk5 gti. gsxr750
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 19:46

people come & leave at different times, its hard 2 speak 2 every1 in the short time we r there. i still dont no every1 yet but people do tend to speak to the 1s they no 1st.

take e38, 2 days off camping together ul no peoples inside leg measurements. lol!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 19:48

Any1 got any pics from last night then?
Back to top Go down
nelds

nelds

Male Number of posts : 1816
Drives : 2.5TDI T4 LWB
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2009, 19:52

sounds like i missed a good meet.....gutted!!.....VW Action next weekend..yay!!.............hope to see some new faces at next months meet Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aug cambs meet   Aug cambs meet - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aug cambs meet
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next