fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mk 3s

Go down 
+5
max
matty_mk1
Ashley
vladimir
thekman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thekman

thekman

Male Number of posts : 141
Drives : Polo 6N 1.6 GLX
Registration date : 2009-07-22

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyTue Aug 18 2009, 20:42

yo im just wondering what height people have there mk3s on here?

i had mine at 120 all round on collies and it was perfect handling, no rubbing and the occasional ground out. but it just wasnt low enough looks wise.

now iv taken out all my assistor springs and there are still no rubbing problems, cz i rolled my arches i guess, but it grounds out literally every 5 secs.

so now iv raised the front collies 10mm and the groundouts have been greatly reduced but still there pretty often.

apparently removing assitors drops 25mm further, so mine would be -145 at back and -135 front...

so yeah just wondering what height you guys are running yours at?
Back to top Go down
vladimir

vladimir

Male Number of posts : 860
Drives : bora
Registration date : 2008-10-24

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyTue Aug 18 2009, 23:09

not that low thats for sure! how do u get anywhere? i dont kno how much i lowered mine but im on 15s and the backs tucked and the front got a small gap between the arch!
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyTue Aug 18 2009, 23:31

i personally think its all about what size wheels/tyres you go for. When I had 15s on 195/45s I found myself being too low to drive around my town etc day-to-day life because i was always wanting to go lower and close the gap

now im running 16s on 195/45s it's that extra inch which lets me go down without bottoming out anywhere i go

i reckon we should all get our mk3s together at the next meet and have a look because ive got no real idea what mines at -mm wise but it sits how i want it
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 00:18

Floor to arch measurement is the only real deal for comparing really.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 09:14

i think my old black one was about 120 all round. new ones only about 80 but as soon as i get my porsche wheels on that will be sorted.

the annoying thing about mk3s is the door seals sit really low but there tucked so it doesnt look it. get a mk2 there seals sit really high, your bottom arms will come off before the seals get killed Laughing
Back to top Go down
thekman

thekman

Male Number of posts : 141
Drives : Polo 6N 1.6 GLX
Registration date : 2009-07-22

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 19:20

Ashley wrote:
i personally think its all about what size wheels/tyres you go for. When I had 15s on 195/45s I found myself being too low to drive around my town etc day-to-day life because i was always wanting to go lower and close the gap

now im running 16s on 195/45s it's that extra inch which lets me go down without bottoming out anywhere i go

i reckon we should all get our mk3s together at the next meet and have a look because ive got no real idea what mines at -mm wise but it sits how i want it

yeah im running 195 45 15s and i think there responsible for alot of the ground outs lol

im down for a mk3 section Laughing

max wrote:
i think my old black one was about 120 all round. new ones only about 80 but as soon as i get my porsche wheels on that will be sorted.

the annoying thing about mk3s is the door seals sit really low but there tucked so it doesnt look it. get a mk2 there seals sit really high, your bottom arms will come off before the seals get killed Laughing

not entirly sure what part the door seals are but all under my doors and backwards is crumpled and collapsed, but i think thats just from speed bumps. i looked under today and found some nice shiny bare metal on the bottom of my suspension arms where theyv been grounding out lol

being very annoyed at having to remove my coilies again, i put the front assistors back in just now, i decided for the extra 25mm drop id rather have a car i can actually drive, without the front asistors in it was literally the worst driving experience of your life, you would drive over a white line and bounce for the next 100 meters. now there back in its back to dream machine status ha
Back to top Go down
mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab

Male Number of posts : 1566
Drives : 05' Fabia VRS, 00' TL1000R
Registration date : 2008-06-03

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 21:02

i had two inches left on my coilies on my cab plus assister springs on p slots and got that stuck everywhere lol, the jacking points were the worse part they were about an inch off the ground, i used to grind up n down drop curbs.
Back to top Go down
vladimir

vladimir

Male Number of posts : 860
Drives : bora
Registration date : 2008-10-24

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 21:03

yeah we should get them all together! would be cool!
Back to top Go down
69rat

69rat

Male Number of posts : 485
Drives : ratty 69 bug, 88 mk2 golf
Registration date : 2008-07-08

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyWed Aug 19 2009, 21:27

im up for a mk3 gathering but i cant make this months meet as ill be pissed out of my face at a car show!
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyThu Aug 20 2009, 00:06

pussy drop bladddd mwahahaha
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyThu Aug 20 2009, 07:57

mk3golfcab wrote:
i had two inches left on my coilies on my cab plus assister springs on p slots and got that stuck everywhere lol, the jacking points were the worse part they were about an inch off the ground, i used to grind up n down drop curbs.

aren't the cabby sills deeper than other mk3s giving the impression it's lower to the ground too?

i think 16s make all the difference when it comes to closing the gap Razz
Back to top Go down
Liam B

Liam B

Male Number of posts : 1257
Drives : T4 Transporter, Mk2 Golf ABF
Registration date : 2008-05-30

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s EmptyThu Aug 20 2009, 16:06

Ashley wrote:
mk3golfcab wrote:

aren't the cabby sills deeper than other mk3s giving the impression it's lower to the ground too?

i think 16s make all the difference when it comes to closing the gap Razz
yes m8 the cabby sills are deeper, and i agree 16s fill the gap nicely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mk 3s Empty
PostSubject: Re: mk 3s   mk 3s Empty

Back to top Go down

mk 3s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Fendubbers :: VAG Chit Chat-
Jump to: