fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BigMontys Budget Blaster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigMonty

BigMonty

Male Number of posts : 451
Drives : French daddy bus. and a few dubs
Registration date : 2008-02-27

BigMontys Budget Blaster Empty
PostSubject: BigMontys Budget Blaster   BigMontys Budget Blaster EmptyMon Aug 17 2009, 22:37

Righty ho !
The tarmac sniffer III is soon to be on the road.
We are calling it the Sniffer III because it took the axle and coilies off what I am lead to understand was Joes ( Curtis Caddys ) sniffer II ( am I right Joe ? )
I just have problem with the colour. Mrs Monty has given me a budget of a grand to get it all up and running. I spent a bit of that on the axle, slider, coilies, front wing and grill ( cheers Tiz )
And a bit on organic cider ( for the inspiration )
The bed is shot to bits and needs replacing ( more of the budget )
Organic cider ( for inspiration )
I spent a whole day getting what was left of the old bed off.
Organic cider ( for refreshment )
Cant decide what to do with the hole which should be the bed
Checker plate ??
And back to the colour. As most of the budget has been used on bits and pieces, and organic cider ( for inspiration and refreshment ) I CANT AFFORD TO GET A PAINT JOB DONE. ( should have cut back on the bits and pieces )
I have a load of Olive drab ( army green ) What do you think ? Should I whack that on for now and go for a good job when I get a bit of extra cash ? or should I leave it primer, red lead and stone chip and wait till I have some extra cash ? YOUR OPINION MATTERS !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GTI Greg

Male Number of posts : 101
Drives : MK1 GTI (in the making) Berlingo work pony! (Electrician spec)
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: BigMontys Budget Blaster   BigMontys Budget Blaster EmptyMon Aug 17 2009, 22:56

you can do a good job with rustoleum and a roller if you put the hours in and do some research doesn't need to cost more than £50 caddy luke did his with rustoleum if he could've been bothered to polished up with a machine it would've been better than a factory spray job the bit we did do was like glass.
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: BigMontys Budget Blaster   BigMontys Budget Blaster EmptyMon Aug 17 2009, 23:20

Performance trim do fibreglass and carbon fibre bed replacement, dunno how much they are though probly silly money lol

Liking the army green idea, i picked up a can of nato green for mark to do his bike with at that looks pretty cool, with some gloss black details
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: BigMontys Budget Blaster   BigMontys Budget Blaster EmptyTue Aug 18 2009, 09:10

Sounds like you need some of this shizzle; https://fendubbers.forummotion.com/bodywork-and-styling-f10/anyone-doing-a-home-paint-job-read-this-t1989.htm

It will take hours, but by the looks of the results it could be well worth it Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: BigMontys Budget Blaster   BigMontys Budget Blaster EmptyTue Aug 18 2009, 13:11

Monty, how you doing, just jumping in here on joes sign in, the original tarmac sniffer was mine, andy, joes dad, joe named it after first seeing it, as it sat down a 'little on the front n/s!, good to see the parts being used again, we have the original 'tarmac sniffer, bonnet in the garage, the boys got talent, don't know from where, i struggle to paint a wall, Laughing look forward to seelng some pics of the re born sniffer!
Back to top Go down
BigMonty

BigMonty

Male Number of posts : 451
Drives : French daddy bus. and a few dubs
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: BigMontys Budget Blaster   BigMontys Budget Blaster EmptyTue Aug 18 2009, 20:57

Watcha Andy !
Nice to hear from you. I am guessing mine will be the sniffer II then.
I rekon I will have Joe put a little stamp on it for me.
Cheers for the thread, I hadnt read the rustolium one before. I will give that a go and get some pics up.
I have seen the repo beds before Cheers matty, they will take me way over budget only got about £400 left and got to Mot it and tax it with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BigMontys Budget Blaster   BigMontys Budget Blaster Empty

Back to top Go down

BigMontys Budget Blaster
Page 1 of 1