HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

3 come along at once !

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Old B'stard

Old B'stard

Male Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-03-26

3 come along at once ! Empty
PostSubject: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 11:19

This will be the 3rd red bus in the club then........
3 come along at once ! Cars2056
I know it sits high , i do have lowered springs and could wind down the front but by the time you load it with a family, camping gear, 4 bikes and tow a trailer it seems to squat well enough Laughing Might give it ago when the weather gets warmer as these dont fit in your average garage dont you know........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old B'stard

Old B'stard

PostSubject: my bus   3 come along at once ! EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 11:34

Should have put that in the dailys section Embarassed But its a VW so its an ongoing project right..
This is my virtually one owner bug though which is going to get very welder/grinder friendly over the next few months . Of course its going lower Rolling Eyes
3 come along at once ! Beetle004-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dub-diva

Female Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 11:41

Luvverly bug sir
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dub-diva
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 12:18

had ours dropped 55mm, as it is in the picture we had half a load already in the back, old wheels etc we ran it home from cornwall lower than this with 5 of us in it and all the gear for a 2 week holiday. cruised home 75-80 all the way. yes it sat low but no problems. SLAM IT!! lol!

3 come along at once ! S6000126cm9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christian

Christian

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyWed Mar 26 2008, 12:22

I'd love to do a van project - lots of work involved? Cost? Lovin the wheels/drop on your van curtis_caddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMonty

BigMonty

Male Number of posts : 451
Drives : French daddy bus. and a few dubs
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 11:51

Watcha old b'stard.
It was looking at curtis caddys T4 that made me want one. I am in the process of pricing up all sorts of stuff for mine and it all comes in at very reasonable prices. Just to do my interior is mega money so I am going to have to re think there.
Most of the t4s I went to look at were also mega money.
Fortunately the " daddy bus " came in a a very very sensible price.
Some of the long nose T4s were hitting 5 grand for a clean but old model.
So it aint modding them that is the big money its the buying the buggers. Unless you are as lucky as me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 14:49

where's the pics then monty?, always wanted to inspire, lol, seem to think the wheels and tyres cost around the 800 mark, had it lowered at the same time at a place in cornwall a couple of years ago, would recomend there services and find there no. if anyone heading down that way. Had ours dropped 55 mm, if i remember right, plus had new gas shocks fitted, got a bit carried away really, but its a lot more fun now to drive, especially in the corners, but then you think about making it quicker.........A firm called cmc seem to have a good reputation for goodies, and the bloke runs a 4 or 5 himself i believe. Intereiors, have you seen the volksworld spin off mag for vans, theres some people in there building interiors,but like you say, would be big bucks, all depends what you want, i made up a removeable frame to take 3 saab recliners in the back, so we can take them out when we want to go play on the crossers.Vans, you got to love them really!!, oh, the windows and sun roof where also done down in cornwall, at vansport, recomended again, good people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 14:55

Here we go again!!!, be careful when buying your wheels and tyres, audi ones will fit, but some claim they are not up to the job on a van, extra weight and all that, halfords and the like will just give blank looks, and won't supply under weight rated wheels, ours are italian wheels, i think, and are the proper wheels for the job, even if they look like audi ones, lol, better get to the garage now, laters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old B'stard

Old B'stard

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:00

Er, yes ... If i told you you'd cry affraid It had a blown gearbox which i sorted myself plus general recommissioning after sitting for about a year. But you are right about the prices as its a sellers market at the moment. Mega mile taxi's and shagged builders vans still command good money. You have to either be quick or lucky to bag anything good. They also break-up for good money too:x . All i have done inside is too add seat swivels and make a board up so when the seats fold flat it makes into a bed. Got some multivan curtains to fit and due to constant PRESSURE i will put the lowered springs on when the weather gets better. More than happy to compare notes
Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old B'stard

Old B'stard

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 15:20

Wheels........ Call me steptoe but i cant justify 800 notes on wheels: I have a wife, mortgage , 2 kids and would like my balls to stay where god intended Shocked Mine came from a 2001 Audi A4 (110 Ebay) , are not particularly huge at 16" and are fitted with 215/55/16 xtra loads that were 41 each from
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/
This gives the same diameter as original and they do literally 'bolt-on'. Even the centrebore is the same.
Not a particularly wild choice i know and 18"s look great but a friend of mine wrecked his on a pothole and afterall its is a HEAVY old van especially when loaded up with all your precious things. Just an Old B'stards view Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMonty

BigMonty

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptyFri Mar 28 2008, 22:50

Old B'stard.
From your pics your wheels look a treat.
Price wise I was real lucky. A chap I work with got a brand new one. Vindis offered him 1500 to trade in his S reg ( can been seen on projects under daddys bus ). He said if I gave him 100 more I could have it. Thing was I had to pick it up from vindis could it had just had full service, new glow plugs and the air management thingy had just been replaced at a cost of 500. So i figure I came off pretty well.
Will get some pics up once I have finished polishing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old B'stard

Old B'stard

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptySat Mar 29 2008, 08:57

Bet if we look close at the pictures we can still see the blokes arm still attached to the van where you ripped that off as well Twisted Evil Still need to knock a load more s off to get anywhere near mine though..................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptySat Mar 29 2008, 09:05

Loving the vans peeps. Defo gotta be dropped some more.
Also i believe standard original factory wheels are stronger than aftermarket types so that should solve the weight issues. The vans cant be that much heavier than say an audi A6 anyway!!

Monty, Audi TT 17in 6 spoke alloys for the win mate Wink

curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptySat Mar 29 2008, 10:56

Sounds like you both did well with your deals, mine was an old plumbers van, real grubby when we got it, trust me, your not alone with having a family, lol, thats why we got the van!!, yes the wheels where a lot, its all about personal decisions surely, good luck with your vans, i shant be putting my head on the chopping block again,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BigMonty

BigMonty

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! EmptySun Mar 30 2008, 21:20

http://www.palmautomotive.co.uk/acatalog/VWT5NB.html

These do a few BLING bits for the T4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 come along at once !   3 come along at once ! Empty

Back to top Go down

3 come along at once !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Members Show Off Section :: Project Cars-