fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

righty i really need opinions here

Go down 
+9
mark-1vw
curtis_caddy
matty_mk1
MarkGTX
CaddyRage
Tiz
jack
Lupton_20vt
max
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22 2009, 09:30

I'm guessing yours is the ABD engine too? slowest of the slow when it comes to pretty much any 1.4 engine Laughing

It is an easy swap with the ABU though if i remember correctly, which is the slowest of the slow 1.6, but still 15bhp more than the 1.4
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22 2009, 09:39

when/if you get a new car i would shop around for insurance mate i wouldnt go straight to HIC as they aren't the cheapest around and i know a couple of people who had a few problems with them. Not insulting the company just saying there are cheaper places about.
Back to top Go down
max

max

Male Number of posts : 2945
Drives : Mk4 GT TDI
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22 2009, 09:49

Ashley wrote:
I'm guessing yours is the ABD engine too? slowest of the slow when it comes to pretty much any 1.4 engine Laughing

It is an easy swap with the ABU though if i remember correctly, which is the slowest of the slow 1.6, but still 15bhp more than the 1.4

would it really be worth it ? Laughing

i would only really swap the engine to a 1.8 or bigger otherwise it seems a bit pointless lol

Tiz wrote:
when/if you get a new car i would shop around
for insurance mate i wouldnt go straight to HIC as they aren't the
cheapest around and i know a couple of people who had a few problems
with them. Not insulting the company just saying there are cheaper
places about.

im going to give martin a call on my lunch today and get a quote and then shop around from there. id actually like to be able to insure my mods now days rather then keeping it "standard"
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22 2009, 10:57

i was insured with HIC when i had the beetle, were dead cheap, but then i tried to insure the golf it well over double i was paying on the beetle, deffo not the cheapest
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22 2009, 11:08

i would defo agree there with HIC, they were super cheap with the corrado, no one could beat that deal but now im paying the same for my 1.8t A4 as some other insurers would charge me for an S4... Shocked

in their defence though i've had no problems with them and the mod cover etc is good!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22 2009, 11:14

Insured both my cars through hic, both with hiways i think. was easily the cheapest quote i found with all mods declared, as most everyday insurance companies wouldnt touch them. and i rather have everythin decared and pay alil bit mor, than not and crash and end up in the sh1te!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22 2009, 11:21

I agree with matty - If I couldnt insure it with the mods, I wouldn't have them at all, it's just not worth the hassle should the worst happen.

HIC were the cheapest around for me when i took mine out 11 months ago - Mods declared even made it cheaper for some reason

I'm getting my renewal through in the next couple of weeks, so we'll see. I'll get a quote from adrian flux and brentacre too, but I'm thinking HIC will be very similar
Back to top Go down
billybug

billybug

Male Number of posts : 4530
Drives : 1993 Mk3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22 2009, 13:02

yea i know someone who didnt declare their mods and got pulled and lost his lisence, after that i insured mine properly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: righty i really need opinions here   righty i really need opinions here - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

righty i really need opinions here
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2