fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

supercharging corrado vr6?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slammed16v

slammed16v

Male Number of posts : 42
Drives : k reg white mk2 golf 16v gti, DECKED!!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

supercharging corrado vr6? Empty
PostSubject: supercharging corrado vr6?   supercharging corrado vr6? EmptyWed May 27 2009, 13:25

i've recently got a corrado vr6 and am looking into superchargeing it. not sure if it will need an engine rebuild to withstand the extra power so i am looking for any info anyone has. it has done 125000 miles, but it is still putting out 192hp (rolling road tested), the only thing different is a performance exhaust from the cat back.

also has anyone got any info on supercharger kits, or places to get it done??

what performance cams would be good to go with this also?

any help much appreciated

Last edited by slammed16v on Wed May 27 2009, 13:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: supercharging corrado vr6?   supercharging corrado vr6? EmptyWed May 27 2009, 13:28

slammed16v wrote:
i've recently got a corrado vr6 and am looking into superchargeing it. not sure if it will need an engine rebuild to withstand the extra power so i am looking for any info anyone has. it has done 125000 miles, but it is still putting out 192hp (rolling road tested), the only thing different is a performance exhaust from the cat back.

also has anyone got any info on supercharger kits, or places to get it done??

what performance cams would be good to go with this also?

any help much appreciated

speak to bert g60 i think he may know... or otherwie stick a post in the mv section...
Back to top Go down
pinky

pinky

Male Number of posts : 344
Drives : Polo G40 Coupe
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: supercharging corrado vr6?   supercharging corrado vr6? EmptyWed May 27 2009, 15:17

Back to top Go down
hasekna

hasekna

Male Number of posts : 254
Drives : a lot
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: supercharging corrado vr6?   supercharging corrado vr6? EmptyWed May 27 2009, 16:11

pinky wrote:
http://www.stormdevelopments.co.uk/12v-2-8-2-9-vr6.html

What he said!!

I've got some pages saved on my pc at home buddy i'll post up a few when i get back. Basiclly from my research and hours spent just reading websites (I'm not sad, really) what I'm hearing is that generally kits start at about 2k all in which means you'll get it in a box and bolt it on yourself. Generally these will give about 250bhp and include ya charger, brackets, belts pullys software ect. Some company's, like storm, take ya car in to be rolling roaded whereas some i've seen just come with a pre-programmed chip, easier to install but possibly won't run quite as sweet as a proper map. Most company's i've seen sell varients of the vortech charger which from all accounts sounds awsome; storm use's the rotrex which apparently give's a lot better power through the rev range and is the one I would go for if i was doing it myself. Hope that helps, You could also try the vr6mk2 and vr6oc forums.

Also while were talking about s'vr6 watch this....

Twisted Evil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxrIoqxk37g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: supercharging corrado vr6?   supercharging corrado vr6? Empty

Back to top Go down

supercharging corrado vr6?
Page 1 of 1