fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

it's alive...it's alive!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

Male Number of posts : 470
Drives : 205 gti 1.9..defected to the darkside!!!
Registration date : 2009-01-14

it's alive...it's alive!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: it's alive...it's alive!!!!!   it's alive...it's alive!!!!! EmptySun May 03 2009, 15:18

Finally! after over 4 weeks of labour I finally got the new bottom end in and the engine runnng! it even ran very smoothly and a lot less tappy/rattley than before! just got to replace some knackered clips and figure out how to get the downpipe bolted up properly so it doesn't blow! i'll update on my build thread with pics and a vid of it running! daft old me though I got carried away and jumped in for a drive whilst in my oily clothes and got oil on my seat now! doh!!!!! HOOOOOOOJ big thanks to all of you that gave me advice/tips ect. I couldn't have done it without!!!cheers

heres to 500+ miles of not going over 3k revs cos the bottome end has been rebuilt!geek
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: it's alive...it's alive!!!!!   it's alive...it's alive!!!!! EmptySun May 03 2009, 18:11

bloody hate that running in method dunno why i just really do, in my opinion all that does it coke everything up and not bed the rings in properly. Plenty of hill climbs in 5th, load it up well and thrash the tw@t off it is my preferred running in method after building an engine haha.
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

Male Number of posts : 553
Drives : Ibiza Cupra
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: it's alive...it's alive!!!!!   it's alive...it's alive!!!!! EmptyMon May 04 2009, 10:39

Thats what i've heard aswell tiz for running in, give a foot full when running in to get some compression behind the rings.
Back to top Go down
cupra16vgeezer

cupra16vgeezer

Male Number of posts : 470
Drives : 205 gti 1.9..defected to the darkside!!!
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: it's alive...it's alive!!!!!   it's alive...it's alive!!!!! EmptyMon May 04 2009, 15:41

Can't do either method yet as I have a constantly flashing oil light and it keeps getting very hot! I let it get to the second to last incrment on the temp gauge and the oil temp reached 120deg then I turned it off....then the fans turned on! does it let the engine get that hot before the fans turn on? any clues on the oil light?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it's alive...it's alive!!!!!   it's alive...it's alive!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

it's alive...it's alive!!!!!
Page 1 of 1