fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jabbasport remaps

Go down 
+2
Cupra20
Lupton_20vt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptyFri Apr 10 2009, 16:22

Looking to have the 20vt remapped however jabbasport is closet to me however i have been told that there has been some nasty problems with enginesblowing after their maps being loaded, or is this just all rumors?
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

Male Number of posts : 553
Drives : Ibiza Cupra
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptyFri Apr 10 2009, 16:29

Just rumours mate, mine is done by them and a mates is aswell and both have been running fine for nearly 2 years now
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptyFri Apr 10 2009, 18:08

I have a Jabba mapped 20vt on the custom map and from the recipet from the previous owner it was done back in January 2005 now in 2009 its still going strong and its currently on 110k.

Only issue i had since owning the car was a fault code for boost pressure which once i had cleaned out and realigned the throttle body all has been fine.

Also you want to consider changing spark plugs at the same time from a 6 to a 7 temp rating to deal with the extra boost.
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptyFri Apr 10 2009, 20:26

Ian83 wrote:
I have a Jabba mapped 20vt on the custom map and from the recipet from the previous owner it was done back in January 2005 now in 2009 its still going strong and its currently on 110k.

Only issue i had since owning the car was a fault code for boost pressure which once i had cleaned out and realigned the throttle body all has been fine.

Also you want to consider changing spark plugs at the same time from a 6 to a 7 temp rating to deal with the extra boost.

i assume you run ngk plugs? cos mine is running bosch super fours at the moment they seem fine.
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptyFri Apr 10 2009, 20:37

jabba recommend ngk laser platinum pfr6q, i had some boschs with 3 prongs and after a while it was miss firing high up the rev range changed them for the ngk's and it's right as reign.
Back to top Go down
mooragerx7

mooragerx7

Male Number of posts : 428
Drives : TDI passat B5.5 /A reg RX7 (project)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptySat Apr 11 2009, 04:38

i also depends on how many miles are on the car its better to get it maped when it has lower miles on it
Back to top Go down
Ian83

Ian83

Male Number of posts : 493
Drives : Mk4 GTi
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptySat Apr 11 2009, 18:17

I am running NGK BKR7EIX which is an Iridium plug. Came to about £22 from my local motor factors.

I did read some information on Sparkplugs.co.uk about when you up the boost for every 50bhp you should run a stage cooler plugs. Hence mine having 7's not 6 rated plugs in it. My friend was running the same plugs in his S14a but has just switched upto a 8 rating as he is going for over 300bhp now!
Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptySat Apr 11 2009, 18:33

rang jabba today apparently being a agu coded lump the ecu cant be flashed. What options does that leave me with?
Back to top Go down
Cupra20

Cupra20

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptySat Apr 11 2009, 21:44

revo, custom code, AmD Technik, i'm suprised jabba won't do it.
Back to top Go down
PoloGTI

PoloGTI

Male Number of posts : 36
Drives : Audi A3 8L 1.8T Quattro & Mk2 Polo Coupe S
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptySat Apr 11 2009, 22:21

I had my A3 Quattro remapped at Jabba just after Christmas and i havnt had any problems with it at all, it was well worth the money. Big thanks to Luke and his Parents for sorting me out a discount.
Back to top Go down
http://www.route76.co.uk
dubber28

Male Number of posts : 91
Drives : mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps EmptyMon Apr 13 2009, 22:36

not rumours, they blew my mates turbo up on the rollers because they didnt read his spec sheet correct.

He then had to spend a grand buying a new turbo, due to the company not being liable when a car is on the rollers.

not the same company since Elton left
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jabbasport remaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jabbasport remaps   Jabbasport remaps Empty

Back to top Go down

Jabbasport remaps
Page 1 of 1