fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swallowtail anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayders

Wayders

Male Number of posts : 212
Drives : Mk1 2Ltr 16v
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Swallowtail anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? EmptyWed Apr 01 2009, 18:08

Swallowtail anyone? Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-F054863-001
Back to top Go down
LacrONE

LacrONE

Male Number of posts : 142
Drives : 1967 split screen ambulance, 1954 LHD Swedish Oval Beetle, 1965 RHD Beetle
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? EmptyMon Apr 06 2009, 08:29

according to the blurb at the bottom the photo was taken in '78 so it would be a small light model, but not a swallowtail.....

There is also the feature line running along the front of the bonnet which i believe the swallows never had.....
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? EmptyMon Apr 06 2009, 14:26

the plastic bumper says its not a swallow too....
Back to top Go down
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? EmptyMon Apr 06 2009, 16:31

swallow tails have about 30 different things going on, not all of them are overly visable to the untrained annorack eye Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? EmptyMon Apr 06 2009, 16:33

Yeah '78 change over year from chrome to plastic bumpers, still small light though. looks like second line is the american production line.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? EmptyMon Apr 06 2009, 18:27

matty_mk1 wrote:
Yeah '78 change over year from chrome to plastic bumpers, still small light though. looks like second line is the american production line.

thats strange i changed my chromie to a plastic in november last year? must be different years on caddys then Laughing thats no production line by the way matty thats my garage geek
Back to top Go down
LacrONE

LacrONE

Male Number of posts : 142
Drives : 1967 split screen ambulance, 1954 LHD Swedish Oval Beetle, 1965 RHD Beetle
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? EmptyTue Apr 07 2009, 06:06

LacrONE wrote:
according to the blurb at the bottom the photo was taken in '78 so it would be a small light model, but not a swallowtail.....

There is also the feature line running along the front of the bonnet which i believe the swallows never had.....

Tiz wrote:

curtis_caddy wrote:
swallow tails have about 30 different things going on, not all of them are overly visable to the untrained annorack eye Very Happy

matty_mk1 wrote:

My god we are geeks.........
Back to top Go down
Wayders

Wayders

Male Number of posts : 212
Drives : Mk1 2Ltr 16v
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? EmptyTue Apr 07 2009, 22:40

LacrONE wrote:
LacrONE wrote:

Tiz wrote:

curtis_caddy wrote:

matty_mk1 wrote:

My god we are geeks.........
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swallowtail anyone?   Swallowtail anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Swallowtail anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Fendubbers :: VAG Chit Chat-
Jump to: