fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?

Go down 
+4
Tiz
alex'87
Q86ARR
Ashley
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? Empty
PostSubject: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyMon Mar 30 2009, 17:58

Found some 195/45/16s on ebay for 160 delivered, just wondering the going rate/cheapest place to get them fitted? is it generally worth buying tyres then getting fitted or does it work out the same?
Back to top Go down
Q86ARR

Q86ARR

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyMon Mar 30 2009, 21:18

I got some tyres offline and went to around 5\6 garages all quoted me £10 per tyre!
Back to top Go down
alex'87

alex'87

Male Number of posts : 261
Drives : mk3 golf derv wagon, mk1 caddy (project),mk1 mx5 skidder (project)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 08:19

to be fair, our garage would charge the same as ur supplying the tyres, and any garage would then not be making profit on the tyres from their wholeseller.

i would offer to do them for ya buddy, but our tyre machine is gettin a bit dated now and the last thing i want is to wreck ur shiney new wheels. and ur goin for a stretch too aint ya???
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 08:51

cheers alex - they're second hand and not exactly mint and not going for massive amounts of stretch. they've currently got 205/45/16 but going for 195/45/16's. found 4 nankangs for £160 and been quoted £52.50 a wheel balanced, valved and fitted for a 'budget' brand from my local.

still need to check another couple of places scratch
Back to top Go down
alex'87

alex'87

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 09:22

how wide are the wheels dude??
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 10:47

7.5 Borbet As
Back to top Go down
alex'87

alex'87

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 11:03

my old bbs rc's were the same, and had 195 45's on them. i did end up scratchin them slightly tho, and i don't wanna do the same to urs!!! we really need a new machine tbh. its up 2 u ashley, we could try one if u want. just thought i'd prewarn ya.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 11:39

surely you can just tape the rims to avoid scratching them? I used the shittest tyre machine i have ever seen and i didnt scratch my rims when i put 4 layers of masking tape around the edge.
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 12:09

i'll have a think about it alex - thanks for the offer Very Happy just got another quote at £56 a tyre fitted, not as good as £52.50 at the local, but still not good enough lol

did you tape around both edges tiz or just the outer rim? What is it that scratches the wheel, the 'arm' which holds the tyre away from the wheel?
Back to top Go down
kill_switch

kill_switch

Male Number of posts : 532
Drives : mk2 1.6 driver 3 door
Registration date : 2008-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 12:41

mate i no its a bit of a treck for you but i got 4 tyres removed from a set of wheels and then them put on to another set for £40 the lot mate! was in harlow and was called uncle toms! like i said bit of a treck for you but gonna be better then payin £50 per wheel
Back to top Go down
Ashley

Ashley

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 13:39

that was £50 a wheel including the new tyres

I've just found out the £52.50 quote was for Toyo tyres, so I think I'm gonna go for them
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 15:04

52.50 fitted is rather good for toyos.

I just taped the outer rim, Yeah it was the arm which pulls the tyre over the rim, the pivot bar is well worn and it wobbles the arm a little bit so i just had to keep pressure on it and tape my rims and there was no problem took 4 tyres off my old wheels and put them on my new rims in a few minutes after i got the technique down.
Back to top Go down
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyTue Mar 31 2009, 16:29

concorde tyres in wisbech took the tyres of me steels for a fiver then put em back on once i had painted em for a fiver aswell

Dan
Back to top Go down
http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyMon Apr 20 2009, 22:08

Tinkler Brothers in Ramsey will do it for a fiver a wheel too Smile Just mention Fendubbers when you go in Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
Rusty_Sheriff

Rusty_Sheriff

Male Number of posts : 90
Drives : Passat V6 4Mo, Polo 6n 1.6
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? EmptyWed Apr 29 2009, 10:22

i was gonna suggest freds tyres in haddenham. its just a lil shed but he's pretty good with stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?   Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to get tyres fitted, balanced etc?
Page 1 of 1