HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

My new mk2 GTI 8V

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
red88golf

red88golf

Male Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-06

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Feb 15 2009, 19:41

Sold the Caddy to go search for another mk2 and found this........

My new mk2 GTI 8V Dscf1411

My new mk2 GTI 8V Dscf1412

My new mk2 GTI 8V Dscf1413
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Feb 15 2009, 19:44

nice car m8, only thing id change is rear lights back to standard smoked version Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
red88golf

red88golf

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Feb 15 2009, 20:09

Rebuilt in 2004
Stack of paperwork
Service history
FK's + Poly bushed throughout.
Mint interior
Cat 1 alarm
Central locking, Leccy windows, Power steering
Pulls like a train
Smoothest mk2 box I have ever used with no crunch.
Deleted spare wiper hole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
red88golf

red88golf

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Feb 15 2009, 20:14

matty_mk1 wrote:
nice car m8, only thing id change is rear lights back to standard smoked version Cool
Think your right buddy.
They will have to wait though, Its booked in the bodyshop this week to get the scab in the filler neck sorted and the new tailgate painted/fitted (old one has a bit of scab on the bottom edge).
Hopefully should be all ready for GTI spring festival at the pod!
I am thinking about changing the G60 front arches for some standard gti ones if anyone fancies a swap?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dan34

Dan34

Male Number of posts : 1409
Drives : DC5
Registration date : 2008-12-28

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Feb 15 2009, 20:24

i love your car mate loving that colour, looks like you bought a proper minter!

Dan
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ec-dc.co.uk
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Feb 15 2009, 21:58

That looks sweet sean afro

keep the arches and get some wider rimmage Wink

Whitegt

Whitegt

Male Number of posts : 988
Drives : mk3 gti......................8v :(
Registration date : 2008-01-19

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Feb 15 2009, 22:06

standard rear lights and that would be perfection!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
red88golf

red88golf

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Feb 15 2009, 23:00

CaddyRage wrote:
That looks sweet sean afro

keep the arches and get some wider rimmage Wink

Cheers mate, Wider rims are on the cards for the future but just cant afford them at the moment. maybe if I can get 0% finance I would think about it. Trouble is most of the wheels I like are only available in 16"s and I am a wide 15" kind of guy (ooh err, that sounded a bit too hollyoaks or me). Any ideas welcome......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyMon Feb 16 2009, 06:25

yeah looks nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyMon Feb 16 2009, 10:48

Check out dubmeister for rimmage m8. alot to choose from on there, should find something you like.
Back to top Go down
red88golf

red88golf

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyWed Feb 18 2009, 19:26

Right! went into the bodyshop yesterday, got a call today telling me that it needs some work on the sill at the back drivers side. Went to have a look after work expecting the worse to find that needs the last six inches of sill repairing and a tiny bit on the front of the sill where the side skirt is pop riveted on (why they use ally rivets in steel panels I have no idea!) It aslo needs a bit of work to the leading edge of the rear arch so I thought F**k it! and asked chris (chris brown body repairs in downham 01366 386608) to replace the wheel arch, sill as well as the filler area and tailgate that it was booked in for. Gonna be keeping this one for a while so want it right.

Found a good thing today if you go on the goverment mot website www.motinfo.gov.uk .You can put your registration number and your test certificate number in and look at your cars mot history including advisory's. Did this with mine and guess what? The last MOT had an advisory which had obviously fallen out of the paperwork for the car! This advisory states that there is corrosion that cannot be checked due to bodykit fitted. Why hide it I still would have bought the car even if he had told me, I decided the minute I saw it that I was going to have it as the rest of the car is perfect, it only seems to be this one corner that is the problem. If thats not enough its got a bloody slow puncture in the new Toyo Proxy on the same bloody corner.

Oh well thats my rant over with, now I can look forward to knowing that the work it needed is done and soon I can start enjoying it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyWed Feb 18 2009, 19:36

red88golf wrote:
Right! went into the bodyshop yesterday, got a call today telling me that it needs some work on the sill at the back drivers side. Went to have a look after work expecting the worse to find that needs the last six inches of sill repairing and a tiny bit on the front of the sill where the side skirt is pop riveted on (why they use ally rivets in steel panels I have no idea!) It aslo needs a bit of work to the leading edge of the rear arch so I thought F**k it! and asked chris (chris brown body repairs in downham 01366 386608) to replace the wheel arch, sill as well as the filler area and tailgate that it was booked in for. Gonna be keeping this one for a while so want it right.

Found a good thing today if you go on the goverment mot website www.motinfo.gov.uk .You can put your registration number and your test certificate number in and look at your cars mot history including advisory's. Did this with mine and guess what? The last MOT had an advisory which had obviously fallen out of the paperwork for the car! This advisory states that there is corrosion that cannot be checked due to bodykit fitted. Why hide it I still would have bought the car even if he had told me, I decided the minute I saw it that I was going to have it as the rest of the car is perfect, it only seems to be this one corner that is the problem. If thats not enough its got a bloody slow puncture in the new Toyo Proxy on the same bloody corner.

Oh well thats my rant over with, now I can look forward to knowing that the work it needed is done and soon I can start enjoying it again.

obviously your cool with finding the problems. ive had to have the sills welded on my 8v gti, otherwise mines pretty good condition apart from a few bubbles, scabs and scratches
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greased-up-deaf-guy

Male Number of posts : 379
Drives : Seat inca
Registration date : 2008-02-05

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyWed Feb 18 2009, 19:42

Real nice buy dude, looks sweet and unmolested. You gotta keep those arches though, g60's just look wrong imo.

Shame about the rot, trouble with the plastics they hide all sorts..... she'll be truly mint once she's back from the bodyshop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polo steph

polo steph

Female Number of posts : 1445
Drives : black 6n polo and 6n2 GTI
Registration date : 2008-01-21

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyWed Feb 18 2009, 20:00

i like it! nice buy in my opinion!

poop that u found the scab but better to find it before it gets even worse n 1nce its done u no it's gna b mint! love the colour too. will look good on the club stand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
red88golf

red88golf

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySat Feb 21 2009, 10:04

The saga so far,,,

1 x New sill (just the rear section and a bit of front)
1 x New wheel arch
1 x inner arch repair
1 x filler flap repair panel
1 x tailgate

Took the other side plastics off to check the state of the passenger side only to find that................It's fine, Thank f**k just seems to be the drivers side rear 1/4 where all the problem is and from what chris tells me it all started from the filler neck and inner wing hole. Both of which are next to each other!

You wouldnt believe how much muck & sh*t gets stuck up around the filler pipe. Well worth checking ang cleaning every now and again. its only a case of removing the rubber surround around the filler cap.

But as everyone keeps telling me at least I know its gonna be fine for a good few years yet........which means,

The handling is sorted,
The body work is getting done.
wheels next then more Power!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
red88golf

red88golf

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 09:35

Get the car back this week, Dont wish to sound like a loser but my god I have missed driving it! Defo not as much fun driving to work in a 1 litre polo loan car (No offence Mr Brown).
Want to try and find a Cult society smooth rear boot plinth for it, I know I can get a new one but not for 65 euros plus shipping. Also still looking for some standard front arches the G60's look daft with these wheels.

Once all the bodywork is done Chris is gonna give it a few little tweaks in the engine department, Drove his trackday mk2 a few weeks ago and that has only had a cam and brownies secret tweeks and that goes like stink!

Have been buying lots of detailing stuff so it should be nice and gleaming for GTI Spring festival Very Happy

Have been thinking of running it down the strip to give me a benchmark before the tuning begins. 2.0 bottom end, Cam, digifant head with some minor headwork, Audi throttle body and a four branch. I know a 16v conversion would probably be cheaper but I really am an 8v kinda guy!Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 11:44

I have a 2L agg engine here mate. 50 if ya want it

Couple the bottom end to a Port polished head and she'll fly baby Very Happy

MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 12:46

looks like youve got a really good mk2 there, and with your plans will be even better. im with you on the 8v front as well, who needs 16valves eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 12:59

MarkGTX wrote:
who needs 16valves eh?

People who wanna go fast and rev high Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashley

Ashley

Male Number of posts : 1165
Drives : Vento 1.9TDi
Registration date : 2008-07-12

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:08

look for a user called either 'grry' or 'plasticman' on either edition38 or golfgti and get one of his boot plynths - apparently a lot better fit than the cult society items and 35 posted iirc

loving the numberplate too.. 'EUR' - if only it was a personalised plate, could be worth loads
Back to top Go down
View user profile
powerplant

powerplant

Male Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-03-06

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptySun Mar 01 2009, 18:18

MarkGTX wrote:
looks like youve got a really good mk2 there, and with your plans will be even better. im with you on the 8v front as well, who needs 16valves eh?

who needs 8 and 16v's when ya can have 20v's instead.. lol!

Sweet looking car by the way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
red88golf

red88golf

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyWed Mar 04 2009, 18:07

CaddyRage wrote:
I have a 2L agg engine here mate. 50 if ya want it

Couple the bottom end to a Port polished head and she'll fly baby Very Happy

Cheers Buddy but with the bodywork and moving house coming up I just cant warrant the cash. Thanks anyway think i'm gonna wait until/see if something goes wrong with the 1.8 and then change it then. It runs really well as is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
red88golf

red88golf

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyWed Mar 04 2009, 18:10

Woo Hoo, Get my car back tomorrow after work, gives me plenty of time to do a couple of little jobs and get in clean ready for Santa Pod!
I know its been in the bodyshop for a while but thats because Chris has done it as a fill in job to try and keep the cost down for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyWed Mar 04 2009, 18:13

[/quote]

those of us who a) dont have the money
b) can fit 2.0L, despite not being a mechanic
c) dont buy other peoples show/modded cars

this is not intended as a dig, by any means,im just stating the facts that make me stick with 8v's and 16v's....i would love to have a 20v, vr6
Back to top Go down
View user profile
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V EmptyWed Mar 04 2009, 18:16

powerplant wrote:

People who think having turbos is as good as cheating Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new mk2 GTI 8V   My new mk2 GTI 8V Empty

Back to top Go down

My new mk2 GTI 8V
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
fendubbers :: Members Show Off Section :: Daily Drivers-
Jump to: